Chapter 9

Third Person P.O.V.

Haggar glanced at Keith's unconscious body, taking note of how he was fully gone. His body was covered in the purple fur, long purple claws protruded from his fingertips, sharp, white fangs glinted in the lights, making her notice his fuzzy purple ears. He looks like a kitten.

Haggar pulled out a branding tool, the Galra sign bright red. She pushed it on to Keith's arm, making him jolt awake screaming in pain until he passed out again. She pulls away, leaving irritated skin where she branded him. Haggar snapped at a nearby Druid, "Send him back." The Druid unstrapped Keith and floated him away, leaving Haggar in the lab.

"The experiment on the red paladin has been successfully completed, Lord Zarkon," Haggar thought, cleaning up the lab.

"Good. Now, we wait," Zarkon answers, leaving Haggar's mind silent.

The Druid set Keith in a pod, setting the coordinates for where they last left Voltron. The pod flew out, Keith's unconscious body traveling home.

--- At Castle of Lions ---

The paladins were flying around, staying near the castle, but looking for Keith.

"Shiro!" Pidge yelled over the comm, "Something's coming," She yelled, showing her camera pick up on a small pod heading towards them.

"It could Keith," Shiro said, "but still, be careful." The green lion slowly intercepted the pod, grabbing it in its mouth. They headed back to the castle, leaving the lions in the docking bay. The green lion leaned down, letting out a huffing Pidge as she tries to pull out the pod.

"A little help?" She asks, glaring at them. Shiro and Lance pulled out the pod, setting it on the ground around them.

"What is that?" Hunk asked, pushing his fingers together.

"A Galra?" Pidge questioned, leaning closer to the clear door of the pod. Keith's eyes opened, making Pidge jump back. The pod hissed open, and a shaky Keith stepped out, clutching his arm. The paladins tense, ready to fight the Galra.

"Stop. Who are you?" Shiro asked, his metal arm ready to fight at a moments notice.

"G-Guys? I-Its-" Keith doubled over, gripping his arm tighter. He hissed in pain, baring his fangs, his yellow eyes flashing. He started towards Pidge, knowing the little gremlin would help him, but Lance pulled the trigger, shooting Keith's leg.

"Don't touch her! You, you...monster!" Lance yelled, pointing his gun at Keith.

"It-It's Keith," He whimpered, tears streaming down his eyes as he tried to hold both his arm and leg.

"Keith's not Galra! Where's Keith! What did you do to him, you monster!" Lance yelled, advancing on Keith. His eyes widened in fear, and he growled, trying to make them back away. Pidge caught his eye and rushed forward, standing in between the two.

"Pidge, move! That thing could hurt you!" Hunk yelled, raising his gun.

"Stop!" She screamed, "He's telling the truth!" She turned around, kneeling in front of the trembling Keith, "Keith?" He growled, his fear evident as he covered his injuries, but he didn't move, looking right at Pidge.

"Pidge back away!" Shiro ordered, "That's an order!" Pidge glared at him before hesitantly moving towards Keith. Keith moved back, growling low, ready to fight if he needed to.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," Pidge whispered, pulling Keith into a hug. Keith tensed and she held her breath, knowing she was right, but she was still scared. She was hugging a Galra, the species that had taken her family, destroyed countless planets and had kidnapped her friend, twice. Keith stared at the other paladins as they put down their weapons, watching their every move.

"Let's get you to the med bay, hmm?" Pidge helped Keith up, helping him out of the docking bay. The other paladins followed silently behind, ready to shoot if the Galra made any moves. She opened the med bay door, startling Coran.

"Help me, it's Keith," She groaned under his weight. Coran pursed his lips, looking at the Galra, then Pidge, and back again.

"That's a-"

"It's Keith!" She yelled, frustrated that no one could see. Coran twirled his mustache nervously, not opening the pod. Pidge huffed, wobbling under Keith's weight. She glared at Coran as she dropped Keith, making him hit his head.

"Sorry!" She squeaked, searching the room for bandages. She quickly grabbed some, along with antiseptic to clean his wound. He watched her every move, and when she cleaned the wound Keith had to control himself from lunging at the little gremlin. He growled making her jump, but she quickly bandaged his leg, reaching for his arm. He yellow eyes glowed and he growled, making her pull her hand away.

"Don't touch," he growled, holding his arm closer. Pidge nodded, picking him up again. She carried him to his room, constantly taking breaks along the way. She practically dropped him on his bed, making the injured boy yelp.

"Out," he growled, his yellow eyes soft.

"Really? Af...ter...help...ing...you?" She panted, putting her hands on her knees.

"Thank you," He sighed, "Now out." Pidge rolled her eyes, leaving the room.

"Katie?" Allura called, making Pidge turn around.

"Yeah?"

"Please come to the control room, we need to speak with you," She glared before switching to a smile. Pidge swallowed, heading to the main room. Everyone was sitting around, looking at her as she entered the room.

"What?" She snapped, knowing full well what was going on.

"Pidge, you disobeyed a direct order," Shiro sighed, "I told you to come back, but instead you continued to help that-"

"Don't call him "that"! You know it's Keith! You all do!" She yelled, hot tears streaming down her cheeks, "The Galra took him, and when he comes back, you guys want to believe it's not him!"

"That was a Galra, Pidge!" Lance yelled, "You know! The same race that tortured Shiro! Kidnapped your family! How can you help one of them!"

"I know what the Galra have done, Lance! They took my family!" Pidge cried, "But I know that that Galra? That's Keith." She took shaky breaths, staring at all the paladins.

"Okay," Hunk sighed, "I believe you." She smiled, hugging the large boy. She cried into his waist, recieving a head rub.