Chapter 13

Keith P.O.V

Something warm was touching me. I tried to move but something heavy was trapping me down. Am I back in Haggar's lab? I whimpered and shook, memories flashing in my mind. The thing holding me down moved and I froze. Is this a person? I turned to see Lance sleeping peacefully next to me. He looked so quiet, unlike his usual loud self.

I didn't want to wake him up, but his arm was trapping me down and I couldn't shake the feeling of those binds cutting into my skin every time she injected me or cut me or the Druids-

"Keith, calm down, copy my breathing," Lance pulled my hand to his heart and I copied him, not even realizing I had been hyperventilating, "What happened?"

"Y-You're ar-arm," I mumbled, glancing up at his muscular arm. I hadn't realized his arm was so heavy, maybe it was all the training he did? No, he didn't train, maybe he just worked out. I could feel my cheeks heating up and I looked down to hide my face.

"Oh, sorry, " Lance yawned and I crinkled my nose.

"Your breath stinks," I joked.

"Yeah? Well, yours can't smell any better," Lance smiled, making my stomach flip.

"Guess you'll never know," I smirked, challenging him.

"Yeah?" Lance matched my smirk and I laughed.

"Let's go," I said, reluctantly leaving the warm bed, "You're probably hungry."

"And you're not?" Lance asked, getting out of the bed. I shook my head and headed to the kitchen. It must be late morning because Hunk was awake, he and Lance are usually the last ones awake.

"Hey, Keith!" Hunk smiled, extending a plate of muffins, "Want one?"

"Uh-"

"Yes he would," Lance wrapped his arm around my neck, "And two for me." Lance plucked three muffins off the tray before Hunk could protest. He smiled, handing me one.

"I told you I wasn't hungry," I mumbled in his ear.

"You still need to eat, I've barely seen you do that," Lance whispered back, his hot breath making me blush. I backed away and slowly chewed the muffin, pushing back the bile that threatened to come up. The muffin was good, almost as good as something on Earth, but my stomach wasn't taking food very well lately. That's probably why Lance has barely seen me eat, I am hungry, but I don't want to have to push back vomit every time I eat something.

I finished the muffin, clutching my stomach as I tried to walk off the pain. Lance was too busy talking to Hunk and a sleepy Pidge. I stumbled, falling down on one knee. I pressed a hand to my mouth, willing myself not to puke. I felt two pairs of hands on me, helping me get up.

My stomach flipped and I almost fell, but the pairs of hands kept me steady.  I pushed them off and staggered to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet as I puked up the small amount of food I had eaten.

My stomach felt hollow and empty, but at least it wasn't churning around anymore. I put my head between my legs, trying to catch my breath. When I felt like I could breathe normally again, I washed my face off in the sink and went to my room.

I inched into my bed, not wanting to upset my stomach by doing my usual flop. I stared at the ceiling, letting my mind wander. My eyelids drooped but before I could fall asleep a knock sounded. I groaned, letting the person come in. I really wasn't in the mood for questions but knowing the paladins, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep them away for long.

"Are you alright?" Lance asked as he sat on my bed. I moved my legs to let him sit down, feeling the dip in the mattress as he sank. I gave him a small nod, not meeting his eyes. He huffed, knowing I'm lying, but I'm glad he doesn't press me. We sit in silence, comfortable silence while time ticks away.