Chapter 25

It'll be like Chapter 22 with the split perspectives

Last Chapter...

The universe can be so mean.

Keith gulped as his blue eyes swept over the kitchen. Pidge huffed, Hunk gave him a weak smile, and Allura waved. Keith almost jumped out of his skin when he felt a warm hand squeeze his shoulder.

"Hey, I thought I was taking you to lunch, Kitten," Lance smiled and Keith shook his head.

"Sorry, I forgot," Keith gave him a weak smile in return. Lance chuckled and scolded him playfully before leading them into the kitchen. Keith kept his eyes trained to the ground as they walked towards the chairs, avoiding everyone's gazes as Lance sat him down. Keith shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he waited, deep in thought as Lance moved around in the silent kitchen.

"Hey, Lance," Hunk waved the boy over, casting a worried glance at Keith before turning back to Lance, "is Keith alright?"

"Honestly?" Lance turned to Keith. As if sensing he was being looked at Keith slowly raised his head, returning the reassuring smile Lance gave him before his blue eyes flicked to Pidge and back to his lap, "I have no idea. He had a really bad nightmare and I had to basically force myself on him just to calm him down. I'm trying to give him space, but- I-I just don't want to lose him again."

Hunk nodded solemnly, "None of us do."

Lance snorted, casting a quick glare to the side of Pidge's head as she stared at Keith, "Are you sure about that?"

"Pidge," Hunk sighed before lowering his voice even more, "Pidge is trying to cope the best way she knows how: getting all the facts. I don't think she's used to all this emotion and she's trying to understand her own way."

"Well she's got to learn not everyone is like a code she can hack, she has to be patient," Lance mumbled as he resumed their lunch.

"No need for that, I already cooked," Hunk waved his hand, pulling out a small tray of sandwiches, "Newest experiment: Food goo sandwiches." Lance chuckled before thanking him and heading to Keith, being sure to not scare him as he approached.

Keith gave him a thankful smile before taking the sandwich, grasping it so tightly the insides were peeking out. Pidge sighed before picking up a sandwich of her own, moving closer to Keith as he ate. Lance watched as she moved slowly, taking cautious steps towards the boy as he slowly ate.

"Pidge?" He asked, anger clipping his words.

"Shush Lance," Pidge waved the boy away as she tapped Keith on the shoulder. The boy jumped like a cat, slowly placing his hands in his lap before speaking.

"Yes?" He whispered, and if Pidge weren't this close she wouldn't have heard him.

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday," Pidge watched as he shifted anxiously in the seat and she sighed and again, "it was uncalled for and it should have never happened, I apologize."

"I accept your apology," Keith gave her a small smile, "Thank you."

Pidge shook her head before turning on her heel, "I, however, am not sorry for what happened."

"Pidge," Hunk warned the small girl. Pidge held up her pointer finger, signaling to him to wait.

"I deserve to know but you refuse to tell me at this time, so I will try my best to wait patiently, but don't count on it being a long period. Unless," Pidge turned back around sharply and Keith hugged his middle as her brown eyes turned cold, "you would like to answer me now." Keith shook his head. "Alright, then we're done," Pidge clapped, "You can all act normal now, I've cleared this up."