Chapter 11

A/N: Thank you for reading (I was surprised to actually see numbers on the read thingy)! I really enjoy making this, and I'm glad you guys evidently do too! If anyone can think of a title name for me instead of just the boring "Galra Keith", that would be awesome because I can't think of a one. Let's get on with the story... 

Third Person P.O.V

It's been two weeks since the paladins have found out Keith is Galra. Every night Haggar visits Keith in his dreams, taunting him, telling him he'll kill the paladins. Every morning Keith wakes up in a cold sweat, his Galra form quickly forming. Lance has made it his job to treat him like a kitten these past weeks, petting him every chance he gets to see the red paladin's reaction. All the paladins have treated him nicely, but Allura and Coran are still a bit wary of him. He can't blame them, he's part Galra, the species that left them as the only two Alteans left. Keith still turns Galra when he's scared, but he's usually in his human form, happy to be normal.

"Keith get back here! I want to pet your ears!" Lance yells, chasing Keith down the hall.

"No! Leave my ears alone!" Keith counters, making a sharp turn. It's really late, and Keith just wants to sleep, but the blue paladin keeps chasing him, demanding to pet him. Keith races into his room, but Lance jumps in before he can lock the door.

"Let...me...pet your...ears," Lance huffs.

"If I...let...you pet...my ears...will...will you leave?" Keith pants, sitting on his bed. Lance nods, sitting down next to Keith. Their shoulders bump, making Keith tense, not used to this much social interaction.

"I'm going to pet you...now," Lance scratches behind the Galra boy's ear, making him purr loudly. He's purring! So cute! Lance watches as Keith closes his eyes, nuzzling his hand. Lance moves his hand, knowing it's what Keith wants. He flushes, his cheeks a bright red as he imagines petting Keith all the time. The purring stops and the Cuban boy notices his crush is sleeping, his head on Lance's shoulder. He tries to get up, but Keith pulls him down on the bed, hugging him tightly as he sleeps. Lance's blush deepens as the boy's tail wraps around his leg, keeping him there. Keith transforms back into his human form, sleeping peacefully as the blue paladin tries to move away. Keith whimpers, pulling him closer. Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap. 

"Keith? Keith, I need you to let go," Lance says, not trying really hard to leave. 

"N-No, s-stop-" Keith cries, tossing and turning.

"Keith? Keith are you alright?" Lance shakes him a little, making Keith whimper loudly.

"I-I won't kill them. I won't kill them. Y-You can't make me, " Keith's cries getting louder as he starts to turn back into his Galra form.

"K-Keith, " Lance says, narrowly dodging  a swinging claw, "Keith wake up!"

"I won't kill them!" Keith yells, jolting awake. He pants heavily, his eyes yellow.

"Keith, calm down, it was just a dream, " Lance soothes, rubbing circles into the smaller boy's back, "It was just a dream."

"L-Lance?" Keith's yellow eyes fall on Lance's blue ones.

"Yeah," Lance smiles, and Keith hugs him tightly. 

"I-It was horrible, " He mumbles into Lance's chest, "Sh-She came back again. Sh-She said th-that I-I was going to-"

"To what? Who came back?" Lance asks, hugging the boy tightly.

"I-I can't tell you, " He mumbles, pulling away. His eyes are back to normal, his short fingernails occupying the spot where his claws once were.

"You'll feel better if you talk about it, " Lance says, making Keith face him.

"I-It was Haggar, " Keith mumbles, crying freely, "S-She's been in my head, t-telling me I was going to-" He looks up at Lance, pleading with him that the blue paladin will drop it.

"Going to what?" Lance asks, ignoring Keith's eyes.

"K-Kill the paladins," Keith mumbles, crying harder. Lance backs away, but immediately recovers, however, Keith noticed it, "Y-You want to leave, y-you're afraid.  Y-You're afraid of me."

"N-No I-"

"G-Get out, " Keith growls, his skin turning purple.

"K-Keith I-"

"Leave me alone!" He roars, making Lance flinch. Keith's eyes fill with sadness at the thought that his friends were afraid of him, truly afraid, and he lowers his head, "Please."

"Let me-"

"J-Just go," Keith mumbles, his claws digging into his sides. Lance sighs, leaving the room. Keith digs his claws in deeper, his sobs filling the room. They're afraid. They're afraid of me.

Lance cards his hair, sighing loudly. Why'd I jump back? Keith would never hurt me intentionally, and I've already forgiven him for trying to kill me. I just made him feel worse than he already does. 

"Lance, you alright?" Pidge asks, heading to her room. 

"Wha-Y-Yeah I'm-Actually, no, no I'm not. Alright, that is, " Lance cards his hair again, "I-I might've made Keith cry."   

"Might've?" Pidge asks, raising an eyebrow. 

A sob escapes Keith's room and Lance looks at his feet, "Okay, I did, but hear me out before you say anything."

"Let me do something first," Pidge walks towards Lance, punching him in the stomach. Lance doubles over with a groan, "Now you have my full attention."

"First...ow," He wheezes, "Second...I think...everyone needs to hear this." Pidge huffs, calling everyone to the main room. When everyone is settled Lance steps up to the front.

"I have something to tell you guys," Lance glances at Keith's room, "It's about Keith."

"What's he do?" Allura asked accusingly.

"He didn't do anything, Lance did it all," Pidge huffed, giving Allura a small glare.

"What happened exactly Lance?" Shiro asked, cutting through the tension.

"Well, I was chasing him down the hall," Lance smiles, "I wanted to pet his ears again, but he didn't want me to. Anyway, we made a deal and he fell asleep on my arm."

"Did you take advantage of him, Lance? Because if so, that's low, even for you, " Pidge asks.

"Wh-No! I would never! I wouldn't do that to him!" Lance panics, his cheeks heating up, "Be quiet Katie, anyway, when he fell asleep he pulled me down on the bed with him," Lance gave Pidge a look, making her giggle, "and he started having a dream. It must've been really bad because he started changing into his Galra form in his sleep. He was talking, something about "not wanting to kill them" and "You can't make me". When he woke up, I used my amazing charm to get him to tell me about it, " Lance frowned, "He told me Haggar has been in his head telling him he's going to kill...the paladins." 

A/N: Oh no, now the paladins know Keith is being told to kill them...yikes? I might tease some Klance in the story, but not all the way, u-unless you guys want that(I love writing stutters when someone is embarrassed, as you can see)! I could add it I guess, somewhere, I mean it's obvious Lance likes him but not vice versa, so I'll fix that.