CHAPTER THIRTEEN - FUNERAL

Namjoon's POV

I am shaken by the news that my father is dead. I sit on bed next to Seokjin and stare into nothing. Death of my father means that I am the king now. My stomach feels weak where I imagine my new responsibility.

"What I will do Jin?"

He rubs my back and smiled at me.

"You are going to mourn your father and then you will become the best king."

I smiled at him and kissed his pink lips. He is always standing next to me and supports me. My family treats him terribly and doesn't see the treasure in him which I see.

Next day I drive alone to the palace. Black flags are flying everywhere and every club, gaming-house and other entertainment places are closed. I walked inside the palace and maids and servants are weeping loudly. They are falling on ground in front of me and I head to father's bedroom.

My mother is overseeing priests who are washing father's body. I and mother sit on pillows few meters away from the corpse and they are already dressing him in funeral gown. I and mother held patrol over his corpse for rest of the day and night. We are praying from time to time but most of the time we are only sitting there. We can't eat nor drink and the smell of burning incense sticks are making me feel sick.

Am I bad son if I don't feel sad?

I am trying to remember something nice, but I can't. I don't remember him much because he had his duties and when he wasn't busy he didn't spend time with me. He wasn't the most responsible for being king or for being father. Of course that my mother wasn't any better. I am afraid that I will neglect my baby and Seokjin. I can't let it happen. My mind goes smoothly back to my maison. I look outside of the window and see that Sun is going down. Seokjin and Taehyung had dinner and our baby is having bath right now. How I wish to be there. I love bathing him because he always smiles at us and enjoy the water on his skin. And then he needs thicker night time diaper and it makes him look like a caterpillar because it is huge bulge under his onesie. What is he wearing tonight? Last night he wore onesie with little unicorns. Tonight the weather seems colder so Seokjin probably dressed him in fluffy socks and thin hat too. And then after bed night story Taehyung is sleeping and I lay down in bed with Seokjin cuddled close to me. He loves to sleep as close to me as possible but I am not complaining, I love it too. During night he will need to feed him few times and his diaper will need to be changed few times too. I wish that I could go and get Taehyung out of his crib. I love the feeling when he is crying in distress and I can run into his nursery. And then when he sees that daddy is here, Taehyung looks at me with eyes that are saying: I missed you, where were you?

I look at my mother and want to run away even more. There are no sounds only our steady breathing. In my house there are always some sounds. Crying, playing cartoons, laugh and sucking on pacifier. I sighed and rub my stinging eyes. I am tired and my legs feel numb so I need to find some escape in my mind. I start to think about what should I do as first thing after my coronation. Providing more food to starving people? Building new homes for homeless people? School reform? Health reform? Now I really want to escape.

Finally there is morning again. I and mother changed into clothes for funeral and Seokjin arrived with Taehyung. We go in huge long procession to the tombs which are close to the palace. There are tombs where is buried my grandfather next to my grandmother.

A shaman is performing a special ritual to exorcise the evil spirits from grave. It is quite scary and I identify Taehyung's whining in the crowd of crying woman where must stand Seokjin. As male I need to control my emotions and cant cry but I don't think that I would be able to cry even if I were allowed to. Coffin with father is carried into the marble tombs and we bow to him for the last time. We walk back to the palace and in huge room is feast. It will last few hours and then I will be able to go home. I see Seokjin with stroller few meters away and that he is sitting at table with Jimin and his boys. At least he is sitting with Jimin and I don't need to worry about him. If mother goes close to him or Taehyung it will turn into her funeral too.