Diagon Alley

[UNEDITED]

(Name) awoke with a somewhat ugly snort as Harry prodded at her shoulder in an attempt to wake his sluggish sister up from her deep slumber. She had a strange dream featuring an old woman with glasses draped in a neon pink cloak and meowed like a cat but talked to her about... Maths? She couldn't lie that it was a pretty pleasant but strange dream and she would sleep for centuries if she could but Harry quickly reminded her why should she wake up.

"Hey, (Name), we've got to go get our stuff for Hogwarts and wizard money at a wizard bank full of goblins," he said. "I've got our stuff, I'll explain on the way."

Oh yeah, she was a wizard, well... witch. She merely nodded and said cryptically, "ah, yes, wise words by wise men write wise deeds in wise pen."

"What?" Harry was baffled.

"I read it somewhere."

A bit later after the girl had fully woken up, Harry and (Name) followed Hagrid from outside the sad shack onto the rock. The sky had cleared quite a bit from the storm and the boat hired by Uncle Vernon was still there, with a lot of water in the bottom from the previous night's heavy rain.

They settled down into the boat and with a leisurely pace towards the mainland, Harry explained all the things (Name) had missed on her wacky adventures in dreamland. He tried to recite Hagrid's explanations to the best of his ability, explaining how wizards had a different currency, a bank full of goblins, dragons, how they needed scrolls and books for Hogwarts, owls were the postmen, dragons again, a wizarding newspaper with moving images and all sorts of juicy information. (Name) digested it rather well. Especially when Hagrid started to mention a whole government of wizards. She was hardly fazed, more impressed than surprised.

Harry also mentioned Hagrid had used magic on Dudley, growing him a pigtail and it was vital she couldn't mention it to anyone he performed magic. However, with the way she laughed so painfully hard she had stitches at that, nearly tipping over the boat, Harry assumed that she wouldn't even finish the story as she would go into a painful but joyous fit at the recollection of it. And man was her laughter contagious, Harry couldn't stop grinning and (Name) seem to reflect the happiness like a mirror.

On the street, passer-bys stared a lot at Hagrid as they walked through the little town to the station. In all honesty, (Name) couldn't blame them. Hagrid was an interesting figure, twice as tall as anyone else and he kept pointing at perfectly ordinary things like parking meters and saying loudly, "see that, Harry, (Name)? Things these Muggles dream up, eh?"

"Hagrid," said Harry, both of the twins panting to keep up. "Did you say there are dragons at Gringotts?"

"Well, so they say," said Hagrid. "Crikey, I'd like a dragon."

"You'd like one?" Harry was shocked but his twin meanwhile was nodding her agreement. "They must be pretty exciting to care off. Hagrid if you do get a dragon, can I help take care of them?"

"O' course (Name)! Yeh just like me when I was a kid - I loved animals or sorts of shapes an' sizes. I'd gladly let yeh help the 'ittle fella if - ya know - I get one - here we go." They had reached the station and there was a train to London in five minutes time. Hagrid, who didn't understand "Muggle money," as he called it, gave it both to the twins so they could pay for their tickets.

People stared more than ever on the train. Hagrid took up two seats and sat knitting what looked like a canary-yellow circus tent. The twins sat either side of him. (Name) was on Hagrid's right, also knitting but with noticeable difficulty and had to ask Hagrid every so often if she was doing it correctly. Knitting was hard but thankfully Hagrid was there to help.