Surfin the Shelves

Thankfully, Harry didn't go back to the mirror of Erised for the rest of the Christmas holidays, his invisibility cloak folded at the bottom of his trunk. [Name] had a wonderful time during the break: catching up on her reading list and constantly having fun in the snow or with the Weasley twins.

Those two loved to drag her into messes, [Name] had actually gotten her first detention cleaning up the library with the twins because of them. But she didn't regret it.

The situation had all started when [Name] had randomly lamented her woes to them of being kicked out that one time in the library from talking about her glorious invention ideas. They were in the common room, bored out their minds and wearing the sweaters they had gotten for Christmas.

Fred and George grinned mischievously - this was trouble in the making. It was time to liven the place up a bit.

"That is OUTRAGEOUS!" George dramatically gasped. "How could that little old librarian do such a thing to OUR [Name] potter?"

"Absolute tomfoolery!" Fred mocked a loud sob, before hooking his arm around [Name]. "My poor, poor, poor kitten..."

"Guys you don't have to be so dramatic —" [Name] huffed a joyous grin before realising. "Oh. Oh. You're planning revenge!"

They both slapped there hands over her mouth, a finger pressed to their lips.

"Hush! We don't want to be caught before the fun begins, now do we?" Fred whispered, giving [Name] a wink and looked to the side, raising his eyebrows to look where he was gazing. [Name] peered round him and gaped her lips like a shocked fish as Percy strolled by, going upstairs to his dorm room with long meaningful strides.

"Oh... right," [Name] grinned along with Fred and looked to George. "So... what's your genius idea this time?"

"Oh! I do love it when you smile so widely like this, it reaches your gorgeous, emerald green eyes," George laughed, exaggeratedly fluttering his eyelashes towards [Name], snickering gleefully as she gave him a playful shove. "Our diabolical plan this time is to play hopscotch on her books. Do you remember? That one muggle tradition where school girls hop on numbers for some weird reason on one leg that appeared in one of our conversations that one time!"

"Hopscotch on her books?... I don't know that just seem cruel without incentive," [Name] furrowed her eyebrows, failing to find this prank's glamour there's usually had. "And it's a perfectly good waste of school property... what's the magic twist?"

"They're floating," the twins chorused, grinning broadly. Fred began to elaborate, briefly peering over his shoulder just in case Percy had returned before he continued their soon-to-be prank. "We won't just be playing hopscotch, we'll be surfing on them, dangling, relaxing or whatever. Maybe we could get some eggs from the kitchen and lob them at stuck-up Slytherins or Ravenclaws passing by!"

"Genius idea brother, ohohoho," George elegantly mocked with a posh laugh. He peered at [Name] and his eyes started to shimmer with excitement before he passed a wink to his twin. "And that's where you come in..."

[Name] startled as Fred and George clasped her hands, one hand respectively cupped between their grasp. They seemed to lean in forward towards her, the abrupt closeness inducing a rush of warmth to her cheeks.

"We want you to join in with us!"

"Wha... Why me?" More warmth seemed to flow to her face as the grins pressed their lips together trying to stifle their bubbling excitement at both their WIP prank or flustering the first year.

"Last time was so fun! Our mattress prank got students talking for WEEKS! You have to be our fourth partner in crime along with good ol' Lee Jordan!" George gushed.