Ch.15 Breaking Tradition

Primo and I were taken to a large hall and there was a throne and a stone slab. I knew it. I could feel it in my stomach that if the end was coming it was coming soon.

"I am here! You got me so you might as well get it over with." I yelled into the open.

"Oh but thay wouldn't be any fun now would it? Its more fun to see you squirm and crack."

"So your the one then? Why don't you show your face?"

"Because I like to keep you guessing."

I just sat there. There was nothing I could do. Primo scooted closer to me while we were kneeling on the ground. We were together with thick rope. it bound our ankles and feet. We weren't wearing shoes and I don't know about Primo but the rope was rubbing my skin off. As Primo scooted closer to me we began untangling ourselves. I had to go under and then over, and then Primo had to move under and over. It was quite entertaining.

As we were untangling ourselves our captor stood there and laughd, "haha look at them squirm."

"It is so unfortunate that such power has to go to waste."

I froze. I knew the voice and so did Primo. We looked up and it was mother and father, and Mrs. Eronia.

"Why hello dears. It has been so long. Primo dear how are you? Ready to die I hope, haha." Her laugh was an annoying shriek and everyone laughed along.

"Mrs. Eronia I have some news for you. You can never trust a monkey and a cat to be left alone in a trap." I said slyly.

I knew she had no idea what I was talking about but they cam right on que. I don't remember much after escaping the castle, but I do remember telling Chet and Jynx that if anything happens to us they need to escape, get us weapons, and create a diversion.

"I beg your pardon?"

There was some loud clanging and Chet and Jynx came running through the hall. There were at least a dozen guards chasing after them. Chet had weapons and everything. I didn't recognize what Jynx had in her mouth but if it was a weapon I would find someway to use it. As the guards ran past Mrs. Eronia they knocked her over, and the lady in the big, feathery, yellow dress came toppling over.

Jynx brought me a small axe, a small sword, and Chet brought a long sword, a dagger, and a bag. I grabbed the bag and put Jynx in it. I fastened the bag on my back securely and grabbed the axe, and the shortsword. I traded with Primo for the longsword. I regained my knives when Jynx handed them to me when she was in the bag. I was ready to fight. I would and could fight anyone.

But when Henry dropped from the balcony with his weapons drawn he was heading for Primo. "How dare you!" I cried.

I leapt at Henry with such force I surprised even myself. Henry turned to me and lowered his weapon.

"I am sorry you know?'

"Sorry for what for kidnapping me, hitting me, trying to kill me, lying to me? What are you actually sorry for?"

"I am sorry for everything. And I truly did love you."

"Whatever." I lunged at him and he didnt even flinch.

I gave him a good slash across the arm but nothing more. He dropped his sword, "come on kill me.... you can't do it, can you?"

It took every ounce of my being to drive that sword into his middle. He grabbed the blade and I forced it all the way through. The tears streamed from my face and I couldn't fight them off. The sword was in so far I had blood on my hands. He fell to the ground and I fell with him. I withdrew the sword and sat enxt to him. I layed his head in my lap and waited for it to end. he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.