01 | First meeting

"Congratulation, Jisoo

"Congratulation, Jisoo. As expected from the top student, you have once again earned a full score for the test." Mr. Hwang, Jisoo's homeroom teacher, announces the class as he hands the paper over to Jisoo. Her classmates, which mostly boys, are clapping their hand, congratulating and admiring her. Meanwhile, the girls are watching her in jealousy.

"Thank you, Sir!" She smiles before settling back into her chair and resuming her sitting pose with hand folds on top of her desk. Jisoo is one of the top students in her school and well-known as the Miss Perfectionist because she always excelled in everything. Because of her intelligence and beauty, she has many fanboys. Almost every day, her locker will always be full of letters and gifts from her fanboys.

"The assignment is due next Monday, so I suggest you make plans fast. Class dismissed." The teacher folds his arms. Students flood out of the room the instant the bell rings. Jisoo steps out of the class and walks towards the cafeteria for lunch when suddenly a basketball falls right onto her head.

"Ouch, What the hell was that?!" She shrieks as rubbing her temples with her fingertips. Jisoo gapes her mouth at the ball, falling and hitting on the ground. She immediately looks around her to look for the direction of the ball's source. She shot a glare when she saw a tall boy with blonde hair, walk close to her.

That boy is Kim Taehyung. He is well-known as the school's troublemaker. He is in the same year as her, but he is from a different classroom. Most of the teachers in her school would try to avoid being his homeroom teacher. Not only because of his stupid antics, and he had pulled a prank like placing a frog into the water dispenser at the teacher's office or sneak in turtles to have a turtle's race in the detention class. His recent homeroom teacher was traumatized after a mouse went inside her clothes which later, they found out that the mouse was one of Taehyung's pet and it had accidentally escaped from his backpack. The incident causes the teacher had resigned the day after. They would say that becoming the teacher in his classroom is unfortunate; in other words, it is a total disaster.

"Why don't you dodge the ball, Stupid?" He sneers, an incredibly irritating grin on his face.

"Who are you to call me stupid, Stupid?!" Jisoo reaches for the ball lying on the ground and throws the ball at him as hard as she could, but due to Taehyung's fast reflexes, he catches the ball at ease.

"Weakling." He laughs heartily at her futile attempt. "I think you owe me an apology." She grits her teeth in annoyance. Her nostrils distend with a rage.

"Why do I have to apologize?" He looks at her with a blank expression. "What? Are you kidding me?" She bursts into anger while Taehyung's face remains blank as he walks past her.

"Yah!" Jisoo calls out for him repeatedly, but he ignores her.

Her mouth is opening in gaping disbelief. "Did that guy ignore me?? How dare he walk away like that!" She says in a tone that sounded annoyed as her face looked. "If he wants a war, a war he will get. Bring it on!" Jisoo let out a frustrating huff in anger.

**Timeskip**

Jisoo slams her lunch box onto the table grumpily and sits beside her best friend, Jennie, from a different classroom and in the same year as her.

"Woah... What happens to you, Jisoo?" Jennie furrows her brow while looking at her in confusion.

"Someone had ruined my day," Jisoo says as she opens the lid of a lunch box and starts eating her lunch.

"Well, that person really has made you lose your head, Jisoo. I wonder if that someone is a boy?" Jennie chuckles and slightly nudges on Jisoo's shoulder.

"W-What?" Jisoo almost spits out her food. Jennie moves her body slightly to avoid getting spittle on her while shaking her head. "You have never shown any interest in boys, Jisoo. People almost think that we are gay since we are always together." Jennie laughs as she teases her profusely, causing Jisoo to purse her lips.

"Hold on. I have to correct my statement. There is one person that might or have caught your interest." Jennie wiggles her eyebrows playfully.

"Hm?" Jisoo blinks in confusion. "And who is that? Why I didn't know that I had a crush on someone." She scoffs with a grin.

"It's Mr Hwa-" Jennie's word has been cut off when her mouth is being covered by Jisoo's hand.

"Are you crazy? He is our teacher, and I would never think he will be more than that." Jisoo says in half-whispering as she is afraid of people might hear and misunderstand them.

"Everyone gossips that you have a special relationship with him. Look at the way he's treating you differently, and he always kind to you but not to others." Jennie remarks.

"It is because he is my homeroom teacher. In fact, I respect him like he is my older brother. To be in a relationship with him is a no, no, no.." Jisoo shakes her head, wobbles her index finger.

"Well, it still can be your future backup plan. Just in case if your grade is falling or you fail the entrance exam. He perfects to be your daddy." Jennie whispers before laughs heartily.

"W-What?? Ugh... Jennie, please don't ruin my innocent mind. I'm still a child at heart who loves unicorns and care bears." Jisoo says with a grimace on her face.

They both burst into laughter before Jisoo's eyes caught on someone. That's him again, Kim Taehyung, and now he is standing at the end corner of the cafeteria, casually harassing another boy for his food. The boy looks like he is scared of him. "Did he just take the food from that boy?" She gives a disbelief look.

"What do you mean?" Jennie is looking in the same direction as Jisoo.

"Oh... That's Kim Taehyung, he is an infamous troublemaker in our school. He always bullies people and seems everyone is afraid of him." Jennie shrugs while continue eating her lunch. "Ugh... As if I'm afraid of him." Jisoo suddenly gets up, but Jennie grabs her hand in response.

"What are you trying to do?" Jennie asks, staring at her best friend in confusion. "I'm going to help that boy." Jisoo is fuming with anger.

"Calm down. What is wrong with you today? You always tend not to mix into complicated things. Why it is bothering you now?" Jennie tries to calm her down.

Jisoo sighs as she sits down. "You are right... what is wrong with me today." She rarely gets into anything serious as she knows how to control herself, knows when to pull herself in. Jennie lightly patting her back. "Come on, let's finish our meal. Our break time is almost over." Jisoo replies with a slight nod.

( To be continued... )