Chapter 3: The Dream Was Nowhere Near Reality

Vanessa's pov

I wake up to the blinding light of the morning sun. I look over to the alarm clock on the bedside table and it reads 10 AM. It's Sunday and we start filming season three tomorrow. I'm feeling a mix of emotions about it but I'm generally excited to start. I roll over and come face to face with Madelaine looking at me through sleep filled eyes.

 "Well good morning sleepy head." I smile at her as she sits up and stretches her arms over her head. "What time is it?" She asks as she lays back down and turns to face me. "It's 10, why?" "Our flight is at 1, want to get up and start packing?" She asks as she begins to sit up. "Yeah I guess, I'd rather stay here and sleep forever though." I turn to lay on my stomach and put a pillow over my head. 

She's silent for a few minutes until I feel the bed shift and hear her walk over to my side of the bed. "Vanessa if you don't get up right now I am going to make you get up so, you have five seconds starting now." She then begins to count down from five and I don't intend on moving because I know she's all talk. Once she hits one I immediately feel her arms wrap around my waist and begin to be lifted into the air.

 "Oh my God, Madelaine put me down!" I scream at her and kick my legs in defiance but all she does is laugh and tighten her grip. 

She takes me into the living room and throws me down on the couch and with a huff she walks out of the room and disappears down the hallway. Instead of putting up more of a fight I sit up and wait for her to come back. 

She comes back after about a minute with a suitcase in each hand. "Alright, we're going to do this quickly so we can watch Netflix until we have to go, deal?" She asks me in more of a demanding tone than a questioning one. "Fine. Deal." 

After about 30 minutes of getting everything together and double checking to make sure we haven't left anything we decided to go get ready instead of watching Netflix. I go with a pair of grey LuLu Lemon leggings and a plain white cropped hoodie. I slide my white Balenciaga's on and throw my hair up into a messy bun and walk out into the living room where Madelaine is already waiting.

 "Are you finally ready?" She asks. "The Uber is waiting, lets go." She gets up from her spot on the couch, and grabs her suitcase and then walks out the door.

The ride to the airport was relatively quiet except for the soft hum of the radio. We go through security, get our boarding passes checked and then walk down the terminal to the plane. Madelaine, of course, takes the window seat as I slide into the seat next to hers. As soon as the plane takes off, Madelaine leans her head on me and I drift off into a deep sleep.

                                                                           Dream Sequence:

The first day on set is warm and sunny, there isn't a single cloud in the sky. I walk along the trailers until I see Madelaine's and give the door a soft knock."Hey Mads! Can I come in?" I ask her and her lips curl into a smile."Of course. I wanted to talk to you anyway." I step into her trailer and she shuts the door behind me.

 I immediately begin to worry about what she has to say. I take a seat on the small leather couch and she sits down next to me with her knee against mine."Vanessa, I just want you to know that I will be here for you always. I will always listen to you and support you no matter what. Vanessa I love you more than words can describe. Please don't ever leave me." 

She looks at me with her brows furrowed, waiting for my response. I'm so in shock I don't know what to say. So instead of saying anything, I lean in and meet her awaiting lips halfway. 

I wake up to the sound of Madelaine calling my name to wake me up."Vanessa wake up, it's time to go." I finally clearly hear her say my name. I rub my eyes and realize I'm back in reality. I look over at Madelaine and suddenly feel a ting of disappointment as I realize the dream was nowhere near reality.

In the Uber drive back to our apartments I stay silent. I'm really just contemplating whether I should tell Madelaine or not. The dream was almost like a wake up call as to what I actually want. As if being with Michael was the wrong choice and being with Madelaine is the right one. But Madelaine and I ever being together would never happen.

 Even if I did develop real feelings for Madelaine, she's in love with Travis and I know she would never feel that way about me. Why did I have to have this stupid dream! I was totally fine before this but now, I don't know how to feel about her. 

The Uber pulls up to Madelaine's apartment and she hops out of the car. She turns around to face me and give me a hug."Alright bye, I'll see you at the table read tomorrow." She wraps her arms around me, let's go and then begins the trek up to her apartment. 

-Sorry for such a short update, been really busy lately. I'm going to be updating as much as possible from now on so you guys can get your fill of Madnessa ;)