Chapter 4: Hope These Make Your Morning Better

Madelaine's pov

"Beep beep beep!" The alarm clock next to me screeches on the bedside table next to me. I smack the off button and swing my legs over the side of the bed. It's 5:45 and I have to be on set by 7:30 so I head to the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the faucet, adjust the temperature and hop in. 

I quickly finish my shower and get ready. Since I'm just going to set I go with black leggings, a cropped black hoodie and white platform Filas. "Ding!" my phone goes off next to me as I just finish tying my shoe. I look at the text and see it's from Travis.

Good luck on your first day of set today baby, love you." 

The text reads. I smile and type back "Missing you like crazy, come visit me on set when you're done visiting your fam ;)"

 It's only been a few days since I've seen him but it feels like longer than that. I get another text that says my Uber is here and head out.

I arrive on set around 7 and head to my trailer to hang until I have to go to hair and make up. When I open the door I immediately see the flowers sitting on top of the small desk in the corner. It's a beautiful bouquet of roses. I go to smell them and spot a small index card sitting in the middle of a rose.

 "I hope these make your morning better because I know how much you hate waking up early :)- Vanessa"  

She is the most genuine person I've ever met, I am so lucky to have a best friend like her. I send a text thanking her and go lay down on the couch until I have to be in hair and make  up.

Once 7:25 hits, I get up and walk out of the trailer into the crisp morning air. On the way, I pass Vanessa's trailer and wonder if she is still in there. I give the door a couple of knocks and about five seconds later she opens the door.

"Hey Mads!" She says, giving me a big grin. "Hey, I was just heading over to hair and make up, want to walk with me?" I ask her. "Yeah sure." She smiles at me and steps out of her trailer, closing the door behind her. "Mads I actually wanted to talk to you about something." She runs her hand through her hair and looks down at her feet while she walks. "Okay, what is it?" I look over at her and furrow my brows, waiting for a response. "Well the other day, I-" She's immediately cut off as Cami jumps in front of us and wraps me in up in a big hug. 

"Mads! I've missed you so much!" I wrap my arms around her, returning the hug and when I pull away, Vanessa has already left her spot next to me and is now walking into the hair and make up trailer. "So, how have you been?" She asks, smiling at me excitedly. "Pretty good." I tell her while continuing the walk to the trailer. Once we reach the door, she opens it for me and lets me walk in first.

 Inside the trailer sits KJ and Lili next to each other and Vanessa is to the right of Lili. I walk up to the chair next  to Vanessa and sit down. "Is everything okay?" I look over at her, giving her a questioning glance. "Yeah, I'm fine." She gives me a small smile and continues scrolling on her phone. "Hey look who it is!" Lili says while reaching over and giving me a side armed hug. "Hey Lili." I say while giving her a smile. 

"Wow, so Lili can get a hug but I can't?" I hear KJ scoff and when I look over at him I can see him trying to contain a smile. I get up from my chair and walk over to where KJ is seated and wrap my arms around him from behind. "There KJ, are you happy now? You know you're my favorite so there's no need for jealousy." I say to him as I begin walking back over to my seat. When I sit down I can feel Vanessa's eyes on me. "You know I only say that to make him happy." I tell her in a hushed tone so that KJ can't hear me.

 "So Vanessa, what were you trying to tell Madelaine earlier, before I interrupted?" I hear Cami say next to me. "Oh it's nothing, really." Vanessa says waving her hand back and forth as if dismissing her thoughts. "Well if it's just nothing, why can't you tell us? Or is it because it's about you and Michael breaking up?" Cami says and when I look over at her she's just smirking.

 I turn my head to look at Vanessa and she's staring at me with a hurt expression on her face. I clear my throat to say something but Vanessa quickly speaks up "How do you know that?" She asks quietly. "Your bff Madelaine told me." Cami says, offering me a big smile. Vanessa gets up from her seat and walks out of the trailer.

 I quickly get up to follow but before I open the door Cami calls out "Telling her that you texted me for advice on what to say to her is only going to make it worse." She tells me while giving me a stern look because she know's that she's right. I decide to just go back to my seat and finish getting my hair done. 

The rest of the day on set goes by in a blur, my mind too focused on Vanessa to think about anything else. I tried to talk to her throughout the day but she just ignored me and when I apologized she just gave me a small smile and said it's okay. I hate that she says it's okay because I know that's bullshit and I know I hurt her.

 I didn't mean to text Cami about what happened, it just kind of happened. I wanted to be there for Vanessa I just didn't know how she felt because I've never dealt with a major break up before. I knew Cami has gone through big break ups for I thought she would be the best person to go to.

 I guess I didn't think Cami would be so cruel and throw it out there like that. It's my fault for trusting her in the first place. I know Cami doesn't like Vanessa because I prefer Vanessa over her. Vanessa doesn't like Cami because she thinks Cami is a bitch. They both have stupid reasons for not liking each other but if that's how they want to be, oh well. 

Once I get back to my trailer after filming, I gather my things and call an Uber. I get on my phone while I wait and debate if I should text Vanessa or not. I hover my thumbs over the keyboard but decide not to. Instead, I walk out of my trailer and go over to hers. I knock on the door two times and she opens it right away. "Hey, can we talk?" I ask her quietly. "Sure, come in." She says and gestures for me to come in.

 Once I'm inside, she walks over to the couch and takes a seat, letting out a small sigh. "Look I know telling Cami about your break up was not right. It wasn't my place to do that. I just wanted to help you. I've never gone through a major break up before and didn't know what you were feeling. And going to Cami about your problems has to be the dumbest decision I have ever made." She lets out a small laugh when I mention that. "I know I've said this like a thousand times today but I truly am sorry Vanessa." 

I walk over to where she is seated and plop down next to her. I can tell she's contemplating what to say and after a few seconds she finally responds. "I forgive you. But only because people had to find out about Michael and I anyway and you only went to Cami so you could make me feel better." She gives me a small smile and I reach over and wrap my arms around her, burying my face in her soft hair.

 When I pull away, she seems to be in a better mood than before. "So what did you want to tell me earlier?" I ask her and when I finish the question I get the text saying that my Uber is here. "Oh nothing, I'll just tell you some other time." She says but I can tell she's conflicted by the expression on her face. "Are you sure?" I question her as I begin to stand up and walk towards the door. "Yeah, I'm sure." She offers me a smile and we say our goodbyes. 

On the ride home I look out the window at the surroundings passing by and can't help but wonder about what Vanessa isn't telling me.

Sorry these updates take me so long, just get really busy and don't find the time. These next few updates are going to be great though so don't worry! Please vote and follow me!