Chapter 9: You're The First Person To Hear About This!

Vanessa's pov

I close the door to my apartment and lean my head against it, taking a deep breath. Snapping at Madelaine may have not been the best decision but I couldn't hold it in. I just wish Madelaine would tell me how she genuinely feels. I don't know what's holding her back or why she's doing it. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe she doesn't feel that way about me.

 I guess I'll never know if she doesn't tell me. I never wanted to be the one to make her cry or upset. I want to be the one to make her laugh and smile. I groan and head to my room. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. 

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. Without looking at who it is, I answer. "Hello?" I say halfway through a yawn. "Hey Vanessa I have some fantastic news for you!" My heart immediately begins to beat faster as I realize it's Travis on the other line. "Um okay, what is it?" I say while sitting up in bed. 

"Well first off, you're the first person to hear about this and I thought you should be. But as of this morning, Madelaine and I are engaged!" My heart feel like it just was ripped out of my chest and a lump begins to form in my throat. "Wh-what?" I barely manage to stutter out. He's probably just messing with me. There's no way she wold have said yes to him. "Yeah it's happening and there is no way you're going to stop it." 

And with that, he hangs up. I pull up Snapchat to see if Madelaine has posted anything about it. She hasn't but it looks like Travis has. There's a picture of her smiling and she has her left hand up to show off the ring.

 Tears begin to sting my eyes as I stare at the picture. This can't be real, please let this be a dream. I pinch myself to check, but nothing happens, the picture is still in front of me. I really thought Madelaine loved me.

 I toss my phone toward the edge of the bed and sit up, wiping my eyes. What does Madelaine see in Travis? He treats her like shit 24/7, gets jealous of every guy she talks to, and he flirts with so many other girls like he's single. This literally can't happen and I'm going to make sure it won't because there is no way Madelaine would say yes to him.

-Hope you guys enjoyed these three drama filled chapters! I'll be posting more next week so stay tuned and vote on every chapter!