Chapter 7: I Told You To Forget About It

Vanessa's pov

I wake up to the feeling of Madelaine's body pressed against me. My left arm is wrapped around her torso and my right is under her head. My thoughts trace back to the kiss last night and butterflies quickly erupt in my stomach. 

The feeling of Madelaine's lips pressed against mine was indescribable. They were so soft and plump, if she wouldn't have stopped me, I would have taken her right then and there. For the first time in weeks, my heart doesn't feel all blocked up. I feel Madelaine move next to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

She slides out of my arms and off the bed, walking over to the bathroom. I roll over on my stomach and grab my phone off of the bedside table. I begin scrolling through my Instagram when Mads walks back in from the bathroom.

 "Hey." I give her a lazy smile and sit up. "Hi." She says while giving me a small smile as she begins picking up her clothes from last night off of the floor. "I need to head back to my apartment to meet my landlord for a spare key."

 She then walks back in the bathroom to change. I roll off the bed and head into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. 

A few minutes later, Madelaine comes strolling in. "Alright I have to go, I'll text you later okay?" She says while her hand rests on the doorknob of the front door. "Hey wait, can we at least talk about last night?" She takes a deep breath and turns to face me.

 "Look, last night was a mess. I was really out of it, it was late, and I was still upset with Travis, so just forget about it, okay?" My heart drops and I look at her shocked. "Oh...Okay" I choke out and she turns and walks out the door. 

Later on, I decide to get dressed before I have to go to set. I throw on a red tube top, ripped black jeans, and my black Doc Martens. I leave my hair down in loose curls.

Once I finish getting ready, I call an Uber and head to set. Luckily, Mads doesn't have to shoot anything today so it won't be awkward. 

When I arrive to set, I hop out of the car and head to hair and makeup. I open the door and find the artists bustling about. In the trailer sits Cami, Lili, and Cole. "Hey Vanessa!" Lili says looking at me through the mirror in front of her.

 "Hey." I give her a quick smile and take a seat. "Oh Vanessa I forgot to ask, after we finish filming today, I'm having a couple people over at my apartment and I was wondering if you could make it?" She leans forward in her chair, looking at me expectantly. I know Mads will most likely be there, but then again I have nothing better to do. "Yeah sure, I'll stop by." I say smiling at her. 

The day on set goes by rather quickly. After closing the door to my trailer, my phone goes off. I pull it out of my pocket and look at the name. My heart immediately starts beating quickly and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I press answer and put the phone up to my ear. "Hey Mads." I walk over to the couch and take a seat.

 "Hey, are you going to Lili's?" I can hear the tiredness in her voice. "Yeah, are you?" The main part of me wants her to go, but there's a small feeling that she's not going to want to talk to me. "I don't know, maybe." I wish she would want to go just because I'm going. Oh well, I'm tired of hoping and wishing, I just need to face the fact that it's never going to happen. 

"Okay well is that all you needed to tell me because I need to go." I try to say calmly but the words come out harsher than intended. "Geez, what's your problem? Don't tell me it's about last night. I told you to let it go."

 She huffs out raising her voice a little bit. Before I can even get another word out, she hangs up. 

-Sorry for the wait everybody! Hope you enjoy this chapter, putting out two more tonight. They're going to be a little bit shorter than usual because I didn't have a lot of time this week but they have lots of drama in them haha. Please vote on each chapter and tell me how you like it!