Meeting the Alien

A/N:  I found this a little hard to write as I am so used to the current Tae, not the one who would have had to go through the experience of being a hidden member. I can't imagine how isolating that must have been, I'm so happy he is free to be himself now. Anyway on with the story. 

Abhi would be lying if he said that he did not fall in love with Taehyung upon first hearing his deep voice and boxy smile. Taehyung was definitely not the shy type, or at least he didn't let his self-consciousness show around others. Abhi had the opportunity to interact with the boy several times prior to ever feel the need to talk to him in a therapy context. 

The day came when Abhi had heard rumors going around that his boss planned to have Taehyung be a hidden member, meaning that the world would not know he existed until there debut. While the other boys were able to post vlogs and begin to interact with fans and introduce themselves to the kpop world, Taehyung was not to be shown. even going as far as to not include his in group videos and pictures. It wasn't often that Abhi disagreed or argued with his superiors, but this was an extreme situation in his eyes. He spent days arguing with PD about how this could damage his self-esteem and that it would have consequences in the future. He even tried to make the argument that this decision was compromising his position as a therapist, yet he could not change the bosses mind. So, he would have to find a way to help Taehyung without undermining the company's final decision. 

***

Abhi watched Taehyung closely over the next few weeks. He saw him making his own vlogs alone that would not be posted and making sure to stay in the background out of sight. Finally, Abhi had enough and decided to intervene. During one of Taehyung's vlogs, Abhi decided to join. 

He knocked on the door and was greeted by the boxy smile that he had grown to love.

"HYUNG!!!" Taehyung said standing up and hugging the elder. He then became sheepish when he realized that his camera was still on. "Just let me turn this off." he went to turn off the camera, but Abhi stopped him. 

"Why do you need to stop?" he asked as he grabbed onto Taehyungs wrist.

"Well... Its a waste of your time, it's not like they will be uploaded," he said looking down at his feet and sighing.

"I think that's the best part!" Abhi said pulling a confused Taehyung back to his chair. "No one is watching, so we don't have to filter right. You have the opportunity to vent all your frustrations and talk all of the smack you want without consequences. You should take advantage of this now, cause once you guys debut you will have to watch what you say a lot more." Abhi explained and began making faces at the camera to make Taehyung smile. 

"I guess," he said looking a little bit more reassured. 

"And if you really want you can send all of these videos to me, that way I can be your first fan," Abhi said giving Taehyung a hug around his shoulders. 

"Really!" Taehyung said getting super excited. "That would be nice. You know the others are amazing, and I understand that the company is trying to build up anticipation and suspense with the whole secret member thing, but I kind of feel like in falling behind," he said honestly. "They are already establishing themselves as idols while I'm here hiding in the dark." H once again grew sad. 

"I won't lie to you that you are at a disadvantage, but I will also tell you that you are strong. You are already working twice as hard to ensure that when the time comes that the world gets to meet you, they will adore you. There might be a bit of criticism on the part of fans, but I don't think you should think too hard about it. Big Hit is a family, especially BTS. If one of you is having a hard time it will affect everyone. I think that you just have to keep your spirits up and continue to be yourslef, and when you debut the world will see you for the amazing person that you are!" Abhi said as he remained in his half hug position. he knew that Taehyung liked the skinship and that he also needed comfort. 

"Will I be as good as the others Hyung?"Taehyung looked up at him with worried eyes.

"You will be amazing TaeTae. Plus if you ever run into trouble you have a whole group of brothers that are standing behind you ready to protect you." He said placing a (brotherly) kiss on his head. "And call me ABHI!" he said bringing the unsuspecting teen into a chokehold. They were both laughing when they finally broke apart. 

"Hy- Abhi, I am really glad that I decided to join BTS. I think this will be an amazing adventure." He said while also realizing his camera had recorded it all. "Future Taehyung, you are strong and I wish you all the success in the world. Stay positive and be yourself!" he said doing a fist bump towards the camera causing Abhi to smile. 

"Future TaeTae, don't forget that you as you are are perfect and you don't need to change for anyone. You are in charge of your own destiny. It's not about the destination, it is how you get there. Make lots of mistakes and learn from them." Abhi added making TaeTae smile. with that TaeTae ended his solo broadcast and gave his hyung one last hug. 

"Thank you, Abhi"

"No problem TaeTae. Lets record again together okay."

"YA! khdghkjzzg (his alien language)"

Abhi just smiled before ruffling the youngers hair and making his way out and back to his bosses office. "I think Taehyung will be fine. Just no more surprises alright?"