Chapter Six

Sammy's gone. One minute we were preparing to harvest demons of their blood and the next thing I know, Dean and I are on the road. Alone. On the way to an ex-hookup of Deans. Maybe I shouldn't call her that. Lisa Braedan and her son Ben. The kid's a lot like Dean. Lisa's nice enough, not the same as having Sammy, no matter how little I knew him.

Dean's changed around her and the kid, it creeps me out. He's put the impala under a sheet and locked the trunk. I've been given specific instructions not to act out and do as I'm told, that includes going to god damn school.

Going back to school after everything that happened was difficult to say the least. I made a couple of friends, bonded with my brother, Lisa and Ben and tried my hardest to keep out of trouble. Just how Dean advise me. It was hardest to see Dean's pained expression in the middle of the night when i awake screaming for my Mom or Sam. And the impala. Oh my sweet baby, she was put under a tarpaulin in the garage, trunk locked with the key in a box, constantly tempting me to take it and leave. I couldn't leave Dean alone like that. Not like all the others.

I guess all in all things have gradually gotten better, the nightmares are the same but everyone's so nice. Its easier to cope with. Dean won't talk about the hunts or Sammy anymore. It's as is he's blocked out the pain. Or he's attempting to. Either way, he's different from when he found me a couple months ago. Lisa's a nice woman and Ben's pretty cool too, i just don't belong in this house and it really sucks.

School was average as usual, although when i when i was walking to the café after school i could've sworn i saw Sammy in the shadows. I guess i really do miss him if i'm imagining him as i walk to do homework.

"You're Annabelle, right?" A guy asks from behind me. I recognise him from school although we have no subjects together.

"Yeah, i've seen you around school." I say to the guy, eyeing up his biker boots and slouchy jeans.

"I'm Cole, and you look troubled." He says, smirking slightly.

"Well Cole, my brother just turned up to take me home so i'll see you tomorrow." I grin, waving as i walk out of the door. I hop into the truck and Dean raises his eyebrows.

"Who was the kid?" He asks, eyes flickering towards where Cole is subtly watching.

"Cole Draymon, in my grade at school. He's just a friend Dean." I shake my head, rolling my eyes at the over protective big brother role Dean is playing.

"Just a friend. Lets keep it that way." He says gruffly before heading off towards the store.

A/N hey all, d'ya wanna hear my excuses for not writing? Cool cos you're gonna.

I had a lot of school work in the run up to our summer break and I still have a lot of work to complete even though we're off school. So yeah, and also, I have not been sleeping enough (not that I usually do) but like less than usual and although it doesn't seem to have a huge effect on me, I can't force myself to sleep and it scares me how little I'm actually sleeping. So yeah thanks for reading my crapy excuses and crappy chapter, hope you enjoyed it