(BATF-5)Betrayal

How's it going guys this chapter turned out kind of...a little...pretty long. I just couldn't stop coming up with ideas on what to write and it just...kind of happen. I really wanted to finish this chapter since it was like the end of the arc and I was thinking that at the end of every arc I was going to make a long chapter like this one. Soooo yes? no? maybe so?  But I promise this will be worth the read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The orders came from command for all available units to regroup at the fortress and wait further instructions. Meaning any units that isn't currently fighting beyond the first line of defense are to come back with haste.

With the army making it way back everyone had their theories on why we're going back to the fort.

"Something probably happened with the main army, I'm sure they been wiped out"- soldier
"No way, we're definitely just getting together to finish off the demon army in one fell swoop"
"Maybe we're being called back because the heroes are with us. I mean, wouldn't it be bad if all of them get killed off right?"

Many theories went around but the majority of them were about that huge surge of MP right before that major earthquake. Something definitely happen on the larger battlefields but well, we're just going to have to find out when we reach there.

When we reached the fortress I didn't actually know how large of a army we were currently working with till now. There are over 3,000 elite soldiers present around and outside the fortress walls, reporting to their respective positions. We were told to standby and wait further orders, but honestly When I see something like this I think to myself, what's the point of having us here in the first place.

Part of me wish we were never brought to this world while the other part is glad to be able to experience a whole new fantasy world away from my old life. But if I think about it clearly, as long as those two are here all I'm doing is just trading one prison for another but beneficial one. Either way a prison is still a prison.   

"Something must be weighing on your mind if your so deep in thought. Surely you aren't thinking of desertion"-Celine

"Ah!!?"

Out of nowhere commander Celine appears right next to me. I was surprise to find her down here, outside the fortress walls. But she also strikes me as the kind of woman who would stand before a demon without a care in the world.

"C-commander Celine? I thought that you'd be inside the fortress"

"And sit on my pedestal while issuing orders? Please, don't mistake me for those presumptuous old fools, Plus I need to observe how our defensive measures coming along"

"Right...."

She actually say pedestal, she must really think highly of herself. I was actually getting nervous with her just Standing beside me and all but I also felt her gaze towards my way.

"......I can tell just by looking at your squad all I needed to know, I don't even have to read the after reports about how all you did. I would have been surprised if none of you were phase by that experience, but nevertheless it shows me exactly who can still push forward despite their fear"

Casualties are expected in wars, losing friends and family in wars is expected, and Fear of death is expected as well, but fear can also be the unexpected. Fear can render one frozen in battle despite your wishes or make one do something out of desperation no matter the consequences. If you don't let your fear consume you, you'll be that much more capable. That's what I learn yesterday.