Chaper 12

Greenleaf is near. It is now much warmer near the lake and the trees have gotten their leaves. Addertooth is laying in the warm sun in ShadowClan's camp, while he and Ashcloud share tongues. Suddenly, he hears Hawkstar's voice echo through the camp.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the high branch for a meeting!" Addertooth hears Hawkstar call.

"Today, three young kits have reached the age of six moons, and are ready to become apprentices." Hawkstar announces to the clan. Addertooth looks up at her.

Oh yeah, I believe Daisykit, Blackkit, and Luckykit are six moons old today. Addertooth thinks.

Addertooth watches as the three kits slowly walk out of the nursery and over to where the clan is gathered. Wolfclaw follows behind them, sitting down with the three kits along with the other cats.

I can't believe they're going to be apprentices already. I feel like they were just born yesterday. Addertooth thinks.

"Daisykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Daisypaw. Your mentor will be Addertooth. I hope Addertooth will pass down all he knows on to you." Hawkstar says. "Addertooth, you are ready to take on your first apprentice. You have received excellent training from Swiftfang, and you have shown yourself to be a intelligent and skilled warrior. You will be the mentor of Daisypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her." Hawkstar announces. Addertooth is in shock. He wasn't expecting to be chosen as a mentor for one of Wolfclaw and Swiftfang's kits, but he feels honored.

Daisypaw walks happily over to Addertooth. "I will make sure to teach you well." Addertooth meows, and then the two cats touch noses.

The clan cheers. "Daisypaw! Daisypaw!"

"Blackkit, you have also reached the age of six moons, and it is also time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Blackpaw. Your mentor will be Duskstorm. I hope Duskstorm will pass down all she knows on to you." Hawkstar says. "Duskstorm, you are ready to take on your first apprentice. You have received excellent training from Flamepelt, and you have shown yourself to be a strong and brave warrior. You will be the mentor of Blackpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him."

Addertooth watches as Blackpaw walks over to Duskstorm. They touch noses and the clan cheers. "Blackpaw! Blackpaw!"

"Finally, Luckykit, you have also reached the age of six moons, and it is also time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Luckypaw.  Your mentor will be Ashcloud. I hope Ashcloud will pass down all she knows on to you." Hawkstar says. "Ashcloud, you are ready to take on your first apprentice. You have received excellent training from Mousetuft, and you have shown yourself to be an excellent hunter and skilled warrior. You will be the mentor of Luckypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him."

Addertooth watches as Luckypaw walks over to Ashcloud and they touch noses. "Luckypaw! Luckypaw!" The clan cheers.

"The clan meeting is now dismissed." Hawkstar then meows, coming down from the high branch.

"When are we going to start training?" Daisypaw asks Addertooth.

"Very soon, but not yet. We have a few things to cover first. First, I have to show you around our territory." Addertooth replies, looking at the apprentice happily.

"Oh, okay. Can Blackpaw and Luckypaw come with us?" Daisypaw asks. "I don't wanna go without them." She meows, her gaze looking over at her two littermates.