Chapter 30

Addertooth sits in ShadowClan's camp, enjoying the warmth from the sun. All of a sudden, a hunting patrol returns back to camp early. Their eyes are filled with terror.

"There's a group of large, strong badgers... and they're headed for camp!" Ebonyfrost yowls, her horror could be heard in her voice.

"ShadowClan!" Addertooth hears Ashstar call out. "Be prepared to fight off these badgers!" She meows.

Addertooth gets up and heads towards the entrance of the camp, ready to fight with all of his might. No one messes with his clan. He remembers the dog attack from many moons ago, where Pineshade was killed. Suddenly, the badgers broke into camp. Addertooth begins to fight them almost instantly and every clan cat capable to joins in. Addertooth leaps for one of the badgers, shoving it to the ground with the force of his leap. He bites into the badger's shoulder, which makes it wail. He purrs proudly as the badger then flees from the scene.

Addertooth looks around at the rest of the camp. The clan seems to be in big trouble. These badgers are very strong and there are very many of them. Suddenly, because he wasn't paying attention, a badger slams into him, knocking him down to the ground. The badger pins Addertooth down to the ground. This is an incredibly large badger, probably the largest out of all of them. Addertooth tries to shove the badger off of him, but he badger is too strong. Addertooth yowls in pain as the badger bites into his neck. He continues to try to shove the badger off of him but it is no use. Addertooth's vision begins to fade away as everything goes back.

Suddenly, Addertooth opens his eyes again. But, he isn't in ShadowClan's camp anymore. He is confused about what exactly happened, so he looks around. The area is very beautiful.

Am I... in StarClan? Addertooth thinks.

"Welcome to StarClan, Addertooth." He hears a very familiar voice say. He looks over and spots a cat he was hoping to see.

"Hawkstar!" Addertooth meows happily, dashing over to her. Hawkstar purrs as Addertooth approaches her. Addertooth begins to purr as well as the two cats touch noses.

"It's nice to see you again." Addertooth hears Acornfall meows as he walks over to the other two cats.

"Acornfall!" Addertooth meows happily, greeting the former medicine cat by resting his chin on the tom's back as the two face each other.

"I'm proud of you." Addertooth hears a voice he hasn't heard in a very long time meow. He is very emotional right now.

"M-Marshpaw?!" Addertooth meows, looking over at the source of the voice.

"Yep, it's me." Marshpaw meows. "You wanna know something amazing? I got a lot of StarClan cats to call me Marshstar! They are all my close friends now. A good judgement of character is whether or not a cat goes along with it." He meows, not even stopping to breathe while talking. Addertooth purrs in amusement.

"I missed you so much, Marshstar." Addertooth meows happily.

"You were my best friend and now I know that you always will be." Marshpaw meows, purring a bit. "Oh, by the way..." He then says. "Hey, Ivycloud! Addertooth is here!" He meows. Addertooth is filled with joy as he watches the cat who took him in dash towards the cats. Once Ivycloud reaches Addertooth, she licks his fur many times before stopping and looking at him in the eyes.

"Welcome to StarClan." Ivycloud says sweetly, purring at the sight of her foster kit.

"Thank you, I missed you so much.." Addertooth meows.

"Addertooth." Hawkstar then meows.

"What is it, Hawkstar?" Addertooth asks.

"Don't take this the wrong way but.. you were almost sent to the Dark Forest. However, there were many cats in StarClan that defended you. So, here you are. Don't worry, the same thing happened to me." Hawkstar meows.

"I understand why it would happened to me, but why you?" Addertooth asks Hawkstar.

"I guess it had to do with my terrible decisions and lying to you." Hawkstar meows.

"Wait, you lied to me? When?" Addertooth asks, very confused.

"Duskstar never attacked us and she did not kill Acornfall." Hawkstar explains.

"What?! That was the final straw that led to me killing her!" Addertooth replies.

"That was what I planned for you to do with that information." Hawkstar replies. "I lied to you so you would kill Duskstar." She meows. "I assume that's why I was almost in the Dark Forest. Breaking the warrior code probably has to do with it too." She meows. "Speaking of Duskstar, she's here too. She was almost in the Dark Forest as well."

Fantastic. I was hoping she was in the Dark Forest. Addertooth thinks. I know why she was almost in the Dark Forest then. Her mentorship to Blacktail and her big reveal of Hawkstar's secret and chasing her and Acornfall out. He thinks.

"In fact, she's been really wanting to speak with you." Hawkstar meows. "The three of us did this same thing together, but now she wants to do it with you." She adds.

Oh StarClan please no. Addertooth thinks. He then watches as Duskstar approaches him. He doesn't say a word and just stares at her.

"Addertooth, I'm terribly sorry for everything that I've done. After learning everything when I joined StarClan, I felt terrible. I guess you really aren't that bad as I thought you were. You're actually a good cat with good intentions. I shouldn't have tried so hard to always be better than you, mentored Blacktail in a terrible way, revealed the secret in front of the entire clan, and got the clan to chase Hawkstar and Acornfall out." Duskstar meows. Addertooth sighs.

"I'm also sorry for always trying to be better than you and... well... killing you." Addertooth meows.

"Are we good?" Duskstar then asks.

"We're good." Addertooth replies.

Duskstar doesn't seem to be really that bad at all. I think I just was too suspicious of her. We both misunderstood each other, which led to terrible things for the both of us. Addertooth thinks.

"Yay! All of the cats are happy now!" Marshpaw then cheers.

Yeah, I'm happy. But... I wish I was still alive. I'm going to miss Smokefur, Tigerpaw, Moonpaw, and Sparrowpaw so much. I hope they're okay. Addertooth thinks.

Aaand that's the end! I hope you enjoyed this ride of a book! Keep your eyes open for my new book!

Also,
This is not what the new book is on. I'm just wondering but, if I were to make another story like this but for a different character, who would you want it to be? This can be a prequel thing too. Addertooth's Story was written to give backstory to the main book which I will start very soon, and Addertooth was the perfect character to focus on for this. Please let me know!