Untitled Part 8

Disclaimer: I do not own Dallas Stars or Tyler Seguin, I only own Danielle and Adrianna.

*Danielle's POV*

I try to call Tyler on the way to the hospital but he doesn't pick up. 'Ugh sometimes I hate that he doesn't check his phone during intermissions' I think as we pull into the parking lot. I grab her out of her seat and wrap her in one of her think blankets as I rush her inside. I make it to the counter almost in tears "Hi my daughter has a high fever and she wont eat or drink her bottles."

The nurse looks at her and notes how pale she looks "Okay name please?"

"Adrianna Seguin, 6 months old."

She takes the rest of our info and tells us "A nurse will be right out for you, they are getting a room ready for her now."

I sit down with her and check the game and see they are just starting the second period. I decide to text Hitch and tell him what's going on so he can tell Tyler. I sit with Adrianna and try to console her while we wait and I hold back tears myself.

*Tyler's POV*

We just finish a line change after Jamie scores a goal that I assisted on. Jamie and I are laughing on the bench when Hitch comes behind me and taps my shoulder, getting my attention. "Yeah Hitch, everything alright?"

"Tyler I need you, now in the locker room." I look at Jamie who looks nervous too as I stand and follow him to the locker room.

"The goal wasn't dirty right? I'm sorry for whatever I did Hitch."

"No Tyler, stop" I stop and fuzz my eyebrows together as he continues "I just got a message from Dani. She is up at the hospital with Adrianna." I drop my stick and my heart drops. "She said Adrianna spiked up to 104.5 so she rushed her up." I sit down on the bench and put my hands on my face.

"I never should have listened to her and left. Did she say anything else?"

"No, only to not let you leave the game. I'll let you sit the rest of the period out and you can come back during the third after you hear from Dani. Relax Tyler, she'll be okay." He pats my shoulder before heading out back to the ice. I grab my phone from my locker and see Dani had called twice. I call her back and she answers almost immediately. "Tyler?"

"Dani! What's going on I thought she was okay?" I run a hair through my hair.

"I thought so too, but while we were watching your game your mom told me to check her again and it had spiked to 104, so I rushed her to the ER. They are admitting her to the pediatrics ward so they can run test and try to lower her fever."

"Have they said what they think it is? Anything?"

"Not yet, they are thinking the flu but they can't be sure yet. Don't think of coming home right now, finish the game and I will keep you updated."

"I'll have Hitch get me a red eye for as soon as the games over. I'll be there as soon as I can Dani, just send Hitch updates so he can let me know okay please."

"I will Ty." We hang up and I just wipe my head with a towel. The second period ended and the guys start piling into the dressing room.

"What's going on Ty, why did you leave?" Val asked me as Jamie takes his seat beside me.

"Adrianna got admitted for a high fever. They are thinking she might have the flu but aren't sure right now. Hitch can I get a red eye after the game?"

He nods to me "Already done."

We finish the game and I tell Jamie and the guys I'll keep the updated when I know something too.

When I arrive in Dallas it's a little after midnight. I drive my car from the airport straight to the hospital. I leave my gear and suitcase in the car as I rush inside, but I am stopped by a nurse "I'm sorry sir, visiting hours are long over."

"No please, my daughter is here. She was admitted earlier tonight. Adrianna Seguin."

Another nurse walks over to the counter and sees me "Hey Tyler Seguin, what are you doing here aren't you playing in Tampa tonight?"

"Caught a red eye back early, my daughter was admitted earlier and I want to see her please."

"Okay, if he's a parent he's fine to be here." The male nurse informs her, who must be still training. "Follow me please." he leads me down the hall and to an elevator "Go up to floor 3 and she is in room 314."

"Thank you." He nods to me as I head into the elevator. I reach her floor and start searching for from 314. When I see her number I slowly enter the room and see Dani leaning over one of the hospital cribs crying "Dani?" I whisper and see her whip around she starts crying again when she sees it's me and rushes over to me and hugs me tightly.

 When I see her number I slowly enter the room and see Dani leaning over one of the hospital cribs crying "Dani?" I whisper and see her whip around she starts crying again when she sees it's me and rushes over to me and hugs me tightly

"Tyler I'm so sorry. Please don't let me go."

I run my hands in her hair "It's alright Dani. How's she doing?"

We pull away slowly and she kisses me lightly "Still miserable, but they are giving her IV fluids and trying to drop her fever, which they already have. It was 104. 4 when we got her and now it's down to 103.7 so that's already improving. They took blood and are running test to see what's going on."

I walk over to Adrianna and see she is sleeping, but her foot is wrapped because of the IV and she has a band aid on her from where they took blood. It broke my heart seeing her like that, but at least she is sleeping. We sit on a 2 person seat and I lay her head down on my lap and brush my fingers through her long hair until I feel her breathing even out, so she was sleeping. I spend the rest of the night watching Adrianna, making sure she was okay.

The next morning I was awaken by Dani shaking my shoulder, I open my eyes and see Dani standing next to Adrianna's crib and a doctor on the other side. I stand up and walk over and see my sweet girl sitting up on her bed playing with a smile, "Dr. Thomas, this is her father Tyler." Dani introduces.

"Yes Mr. Seguin." He smiles and shakes my hand before turning his focus back to Adrianna. I walk to the side of Dani and Adrianna sees me and reaches for me so I lean down and kiss her head a few times before turning my attention to the doctor. 

"So Ms. Adrianna here had contracted a mild case of the flu. Thankfully we caught it in time and have begun treating her so her fever has already dropped down to a steady 100.4, she should be able to go home by this afternoon if she continues improving. We will base it off if she eats or not also. I will be back in a few hours to check on her." he smiles and shakes our hands again before exiting the room.

"Thank god sweet girl, you gave us a heart attack." Dani said, giving Adrianna a kiss again.

I step away for a moment to call Jamie "Update on baby Segs?" He answers immediately.

"Yeah, are you on the plane on the way back?"

"Yeah, your on speaker." The team calls out letting me know they are all there. I smile, knowing I have really found a family within the Stars organization.

"So she caught a mild case of the flu, her fever is already almost gone and she is up and playing and being her normal happy self. If she continues improving and eats then we will hopefully be able to go home by this afternoon." The guys cheered happily and hung up and I went back to my family.