Chapter 8

**This chapter includes a little possible-spoiler of Love, Simon (it's in Connor's email). Also a couple tiny mentions of wanting to die..**

EVAN POV

I wrote C an email as usual. I just hope that if it is someone that I actually have seen before, it isn't someone mean or awful in real life. That would suck.

Jared and I chatted for a few minutes until the bell rang. He just got a dog named Fleebus. It's a small black puppy with fluffy fur, and he said that if you sit down, he'll jump up and pupper-attacc. He also told me to spell attack with "cc" instead of "ck."

I walked quickly to my chemistry class. The teacher made a new seating chart, so now I'm next to a junior girl. Her paper says Zoe something. Oh, Zoe Murphy. As in Connor's little sister? Wow.

"Hey! I guess we're lab partners now. I'm Zoe Murphy." She held out her hand to shake mine.

"I'm Evan."

"Nice! Hey Evan. It's nice to meet you," she said smiling. She's so sweet. No wonder she has so many friends.

During the lab, we kept a real conversation going. She even vented about her older brother and how mean he is to her. I really hope he's only like that because he has to take it out somewhere. I still don't like that he hurts his little sister. I'm just sure he's actually really nice and calm.

"We have five minutes of class left, so let's clean up," the teacher announced.

Zoe washed the test tubes and I put away all of the powders and things we used. When we were finally done, the bell rang and we headed out the door.

Zoe tapped my shoulder. "Hey Evan, sorry this is weird, here's my number so we can text. Thanks for listening to me just rant about Connor. You're a really great friend." She smiled and hugged me.

And we're friends!

"Uh no problem." I grabbed the pink post it note. "Thanks!"

She waved and walked to her next class. My next class was across the hall.

A few days later, Zoe invited me to her house. We just talked again. She showed me her old yearbook pictures. Mine were in there too, but she didn't see, thank god!

Connor came home half an hour later. I almost forgot about him, heh. He stormed up to his room.

CONNOR POV

Zoe has another friend over? She always has people over. My parents made a rule that I can't "bother" her or her friend while they're here.

This person's backpack isn't the regular Heather or Veronica's. She has new friends then. Just great.

I opened gmail on my laptop because my phone died. Lucky.

I drafted an email almost ten times before sending it. I got so nervous when I clicked the paper airplane icon.

To: mostamazingtree_gmail.com

From: lifeandotherstuff_gmail.com

Dear E,

You know that book/movie Love, Simon? If so, there's that one scene where one of the gay guys, Bram, actually knows his internet crush person thing. Thankfully, Simon is glad it's Bram, after they meet at the end. Spoiler-

I'm not sure how to say it, but I think we know each other. We both go to Westerburg, plus the way you described yourself over many emails makes sense with my guess as to who you might be.

Now's the part where I tell you that I'm Connor Murphy. I had to get it off my chest. I don't know what happens now. I'm sorry if this weirds you out and you never want to talk to me again because I'm an idiot who deserves to die, but whatever.

Sincerely,

Me

~•~•~

Heehehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh