Chapter 21

JARED POV

So Rich and Jake, huh. Well initially, I thought I'd only catch up and talk for a bit, but no, they want to prank people, go out with people, blah blah blah. That's stuff old, fake Jared likes. I like Evan. I like the stuff we do, like climbing trees, hanging out at lunch, and having dinner together all the time.

I honestly wanted someone to talk to while Evan was in the hospital. I consulted Rich and Jake because, even though I deny it, I have no other friends.

I don't know if I want to ditch them again though. I didn't get an update on how well Evan's doing, so I assume he's still not remembering stuff. Oh well. Rich and Jake are the next best thing.

I still like Evan though. In more ways than one.

EVAN POV

My second day of school wasn't too bad. In chemistry, we had a sub, thank god. I told Zoe about my whole memory thing and she was really excited. "Wait, so you remember me?"

"I never really forgot you."

ZOE POV

is he flirTING WITH ME? ((zoe stOP))

EVAN POV

She was spacing off, I think, so I waved my hand on front of her face and she immediately said, "YEs."

"What?"

"Sorry. Forgot what was uH happening. Where were we?"

"I don't know."

"Oh. Well do you maybe want to grab coffee or something sometime?"

Wow another person wants to hang out with me. This is hard to comprehend. "Totally!"

"Sweet! Here's my number," she said scribbling down numbers as the bell rang. "Let me know when you're available."

"Practically always. I have no life."

She giggled and left the classroom.

"Hey Ev, you wanna do anything tomorrow?"

I'm hanging out with Zoe tomorrow. "I'm free literally any other day."

"Aw. What's going on tomorrow?"

"I'm gonna hang out with Zoe and catch up a little. She asked if I wanted to get coffee."

"Zoe? Like my little sister?"

"Well yeah. I don't know any other Zoes."

He muttered, "Shit."

"Wha..?"

"You like her or something? I mean you're going out with her now, apparently."

"Going out? No, we're just friends who have chemistry together."

"So you guys have chemistry too, huh."

"Connor, not like that. Chemistry class."

"Are getting tired of me or something? Is Zoe better than me?" This is uncomfortable.

"Conn- no, of course not!"

He grabbed his hair as he turned red. "Connor, you're scaring me.."

"Evan.." He didn't continue. He gave up. He let go of it and turned to go home. I turned the way to go to my house instead today.

~•~•~

I honestly don't know what that was. It was better in my head, but the next chapter will add some happier stuff so✨

See ya then!