Chapter 20

*This chapter includes some FLUFF! Read at your own risk.❤️*

~•~•~

EVAN POV

"...right?" I asked, now feeling deja vu, almost. I looked to the grass, flipping my brain inside out, trying to remember.

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things were meant to be

I looked back at Connor, who was just watching me with wide eyes as mumbled to myself.

"It is. Here," he said, fumbling with his phone. The song started playing. "Better?"

I nodded, listening intently, like mt life depended on it. Then suddenly, some wave of wowww hit me.

••••••••

The orchard, the day of the accident...

After school, instead of going to Connor's treehouse, he brought me in his car and blindfolded me. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Never mind, you're blindfolded." He did an evil laugh. "No really, you'll like it."

"Okaay."

••••••••

Hanging out with Connor all the time at school...

Why are you so early? This never happens." I giggled.

"Felt like it. Why are yoouu so early?"

"Felt like it," I said, trying to imitate his lower voice. "I don't know why, but it's weird that you're my friend from the internet."

"Damn. Friendzoned."

••••••••

Jared becoming my real friend...

"Wanna hang at my house after school? I promise I won't be a dick."

••••••••

And the treehouse! And cuddling inside...

"So then I hugged him. We were tired, so we slept together."

"YOU WHAT?!?"

"What? It was kinda cuddly and we fell asleep."

•••••••

I realized Connor was holding me up because I was leaning and leaning, about to fall over.

"Ev, you okay?"

I stood up, Connor doing so as well. I took his hands in mine and whispered, "Connor?"

"Yeah?" He leaned down to me slowly.

Before our lips touched, I said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Ev."

Then we kissed, of course. It's like doing it for the first time again, but even better.

"I missed you."

I giggled. "I missed you too. Even though I didn't know I did."

We stayed outside until the bell rang. Lunch, finally. We walked to the usual table Jared sat at, waiting for us to arrive. He wasn't there today. Maybe we're early.

We started eating. I scanned the sea of kids surrounding all of the tables and found Jared with Rich Goranski and Jake Dillinger. They were laughing and being friends again. I thought Jared didn't like them.

Jared turned his head and made eye contact for approximately two seconds, then went back to saying what he was saying. He looked fine. Not upset, not happy. Just fine.

Connor stood up, about to ask what he was doing with Rich and Jake, but I caught his arm and held him back.

Connor came over for a little bit to tell my mom what happened behind the science building. She hugged me and said "Welcome back, honey." She was crying. I wasn't physically gone, mom. I'm still here.

We headed over to the treehouse and it was so weird. I remembered it like the back of my hand, yet it felt completely new. I recalled the smell, yet it seemed distant.

"I missed you, Ev."

"You already said that."

"Doesn't make it untrue." He smirked.

"Dork."

"Dork..er."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and watched the clouds move and the leaves rustle in the wind.

~•~•~

Longer chapter than the last two

Also YUZZZ EVAN'S MEMORYYYY

I feel like sad almost?? Idk