04

~ANNES POV~

Saturday June 9th, 11:55am

We all looked at Billy speechless. Jane suddenly broke the silence.

"Well.. I had this argument with my parents last night and they told me either I don't go or Billy comes with me. I practically begged them on my knees to switch on Prissy coming instead, but they wouldn't listen." She said in a sad tone.

"Um hello? Im right here you know?" Billy said, his hands waving all over the place.

"Yeah whatever.." Jane mumbled.

We all stayed silent for a second and then Billy spoke up.

"Look I won't bother you okay? Can't we just leave?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Okay, he's right, we have to leave to be there in 2 hours" Diana said. We all nodded and picked our stuff. Diana's dad took us to the train station in Charlottetown where we all bought tickets and took the train.

"Give a kiss to Aunt Josephine for me!" Mr Barry told Diana and she nodded hugging him. Then we all got settled in our seats and, before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIME SKIP

I felt someone lightly shaking me and I slowly opened my eyes. Even with my blurred our vision, I could recognize Diana's dark brown locks framing her beautiful face.

"Anne we're here. Get up" she said softly. I got up and took my backpack. As we exited our wagon, Diana's aunt was already waiting for us outside. We all went to hug her. We put our stuff in the car and we entered as well. After a couple of minutes, we arrived at aunt Jo's house. We all ran upstairs to pick our rooms. I'd stay with Diana, Ruby with Jane, Tillie with Josie and Billy by himself. We started unpacking and, before we knew it, aunt Jo called us for lunch.

"This spaghetti is really delicious Mrs Barry!" Ruby said with a huge grin on her face.

"Thank you! But, dear, please call me aunt Josephine! You too!" She said as she pointed towards Billy, Jane, Josie and Tillie. Well I already knew aunt Jo so we've passed that state.

After we ate, we all agreed on going out, maybe go at a cafe. Diana also wanted to see her cousin, Gilbert Blythe. She's said so many things about him, I just can't wait to meet him.

We all were now ready to go. I wore a black dress with with dots on it and a hat. I let my hair down at their natural wavy style and I wore my black vans.

Diana and Ruby wore some shorts with oversized T-shirt's and their old stars, Josie wore a blue jean skirt with a white top and her white nike shoes and Tillie and Jane both wore some crop tops with their jeans. I didn't notice what Billy was wearing cause I didn't care lol.

We were at a cafe and ordered some ice cream, while Diana called her cousin to see if he could come.

"Gilbert? Hi! It's me Diana do you remember?" Diana said excitedly.

"I know I know.. Hey umm, I'm in Avonlea with some friends and i was wondering if you'd want to come and see us? Yes, we came here for our whole summer break! Yeah, yeah. Mhm. Okay. See you!" Diana said and hung up.

"So what did he say? Is he coming?" Ruby said a little too happily.

"He said we can meet him at the park at 7pm, when he doesn't work. You see, with his dad passing away, he has to live somehow, so he has work. Anyway, I'm just glad I'll see him again!" Diana said with a sincere smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple of hours full of walking around shops and Diana greeting relatives and old friends, it was now time to meet Gilbert.

We entered a big park full of people and I looked around. A beautiful sycamore tree caught my eye, almost immediately. It was such a majestic sight, with its leaves dancing due to the light breeze. Lost as I was in that unreal scenery before me, I almost didn't feel someone nudging me. I looked over at Diana, who was now looking at a boy. I assumed that was Gilbert.

"Oh, um, sorry.. Hi, I'm Anne!" I said nervously stretching out my hand. The boy shook it without hesitation, his large, warm hand covering mine.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Gilbert, but you can call me Gil." He said and I smiled. I quickly retreated my hand, noticing our fingers had been intertwined for longer than I'd expected.

Our other friends started introducing themselves too and shaking Gilbert's hand. Ruby looked absolutely lost, starring at him like some lunatic, but I couldn't understand why. I mean, yes he is good looking. He has deep green eyes and a very symmetrical face, but she doesn't even know him yet. I immediately thought this would be another of her huge crushes.

Little did I know..

Hi I have literally nothing to say but I keep writing ok lol pls don't hate me😂