08

~ANNES POV~

Monday June 11th, 11:47am

I opened my eyes and the first thing I did was look at the ceiling. Oof finally the first day I wake up by myself and not because of someone else. Without looking, I stretch my hand to the nightstand next to my bed, to catch my phone. I check the time. I am confused I managed to wake up earlier than 1pm. Yesterday when we came back with Billy, I stayed up until 2am crying, but I would never admit that to anyone. Why was I crying in the first place, anyway? I mean did it matter at all what this Gilbert said? I've heard millions of things about my hair color and my skinny body or pale skin. Why did it matter so much this time? Maybe because I had just apologized to him, while he didn't deserve an apology I thought to myself. Yeah, that was probably it.

I get up and make my way to the bathroom, starting my everyday routine. Then I go downstairs and I guess either no one is up yet or they all went outside early. I put some juice and sit in the kitchen.

"Anne? Hey, how are you?" I heard a female voice saying. I turn my head towards Diana and weakly smile.

"Hey. I'm fine don't worry. Nothing that important happened anyways.." I say looking in front of me again.

"Are you sure? You know that if something happened you can talk to me. Gilbert may be my cousin but that doesn't make him the perfect human being, he can mess up things too by accident." She  said. I thought about the latter one. Maybe I was too harsh I mean.. No. No no Anne he called you carrots. He knows you two days and he feelings excruciatingly. You should never forgive anyone for doing so.

"I know Diana, but really I don't want to talk about it." I tell her, clearly ignoring the part with Gilbert messing up as a human being. I can hear her sigh and I feel her looking at me with sad eyes. I wanted to go and hug her, and forgive Gilbert, just for my Diana. Just for her. But it wouldn't be right for me and I would surely disrespect my own perception on the subject, so I let it go.

"Ok. Well we'll go to the beach today. I know you don't want to see him but please come. It won't be the same without you." She says. Huh that'll be the day! Me losing a day with my friends because of some boys actions!

"Of course I'm coming Diana!" I said and smiled at her, looking into her brown eyes. Her expression softened and her lips, which until now where a thin line, upturned to a smile.

After a while, it was clear I had just woken up earlier than the others. Everyone started coming down the stairs, asking me if I was ok. I appreciated how my friends were concerned, but it still made me mad. I mean why do I always have to think about it. It happened and that's it. I will never change my low opinion for him.

"Heyy" Billy said as he came down the stairs. I gave him a quick smile and mumbled 'hi'. He put some milk in a glass and sat next to me.

"We're going to the beach today, huh? That'll be fun." He said. I mean he was right. Having Gilbert wouldn't affect my mood at all, as he didn't mean anything to me. Or did he, after all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~RUBYS POV~

Monday June 11th, 12:49pm

I get out of bed and, after I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I go downstairs. Everybody was up already. Great. I kind of felt bad for Anne. I mean surely Gilbert is a gentleman and I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt her, but she was my friend and I hadn't been there for her. I saw her sitting beside the kitchen table, looking something at her phone.

"Hey!" I say as I hug her from behind.

"Hey!" She says trying to sound happy but I could sense the sadness in her voice, so I squeeze her a bit.