020

~GILBERTS POV~

Thursday July 12th, 4:21pm

I looked down at Anne and gave her a smile.

"So where are we going?" She asked looking straight into my eyes.

"Would it be a surprise if I told you?" I said raising my eyebrows. She scoffed.

"Ugh ok" she said while a small smile crept on her face. I knew she didn't quite like surprises but I hoped she would like this one.

After sometime of walking we reached the beach where I had placed a blanket with a basket on top of it.

"Here we are" I said chuckling nervously. I mean, it was really simple but there was more meaning in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ANNES POV~

"I love it" I simply said giving him a sincere smile. I truly did. We both sat down and started talking. He then took out his camera and took some photos of me. I laughed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Capturing some precious memories" he said as he took another photo.

"Gil can I ask you something?" I said now taking a more serious tone yet soft expression.

"Yeah sure" he said placing his camera back in the basket.

"Why are we wearing the same clothes we did the day we started going out?" I said slightly frowning.

"Let's just say I might have planned for this to happen" he said looking down at his lap, a smile plastered on his face.

"But.. why? I mean I love it, it's divine but wouldn't it be better for us to make some new memories?" I asked. I didn't know if I said something wrong but his expression surely now looked pained and saddened.

"Well it's just.. I don't want you to leave carrots. I want to go back to the day I met you and live every moment with you again. I can't believe it's been a month since we started dating. It passed so quickly!" He said. I noticed tears now running free down his cheeks as I got closer.

"Oh my god Gil. I haven't thought of it like that" I said and I hugged him tightly.

"But I still believe we should take advantage of these summer days we have left, you know? Let's make new memories. Thinking and being stuck in the past never helped anyone." I continued smiling softly.

"Yeah you're right." He said. He finally looked up at me locking his once again dazzling eyes with my ocean ones. He smiled and I smiled back.

"Wanna go for a walk? Just a simple walk. Us just talking." He said and I took his hand in mine, squeezing it.

"I'd love to" I said as we both got up.

We walked for what seemed like a century. I hadn't noticed if there were people passing by or generally surrounding us as I was too thrilled just being there with Gil, our fingers interlocked both chuckling and calmly talking.

It was starting to get dark and the first stars had just started to show, covering the dark blue sky like a blanket. Gilbert stopped on his tracks and so did I. He looked at the sky in adoration and then down at me with the same look. I smiled at him softly. He then turned, his body straight facing mine and he cupped my face.

"Happy one month anniversary" he said and leaned down for a kiss.

"Happy anniversary." I simply said the moment we pulled away.

"I love you" I whispered and I heard a small, barely audible 'me too' coming out of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~JOSIES POV~