019

~ANNES POV~

Thursday July 12th, 10:37

I had just woken up, a huge grin plastered on my face. Today was Gilbert and I's one month anniversary. He managed to get a very special place in my heart, alright.

After spending 10 minutes just looking at the ceiling, thinking of Gil and my memories with him, I got up and looked out the window. It seemed like a warmer day which gave me even more thrill for today. I went to the bathroom and followed my morning routine.

"Good morning sunshine" Diana told me, who walked outside the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth. I just laughed and rolled my eyes. She hadn't shut up since Tuesday. You see, Gilbert told me he would take me to a special date. Who would be the one to know first of all people? Diana of course. She's my kindred spirit. If I hide something from her I can't help but feel bad.

When I went downstairs, everybody was up eating breakfast in different spots of the leaving room. Once I reached the kitchen they all looked at me.

"What?" I chuckled at them. They were giving me that knowing smirk they give me every time something related to Gil happens.

"Nothing" they all said in unison. I just shook my head laughing and went to make some chocolate to drink.

"So what's up?" Josie said as she placed a cup on the counter.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just excited for the whole anniversary thing" I said keeping my eyes glued on what I was doing. Once I finished my drink, I looked up at Josie and took a sip of my chocolate.

"Happy anniversary to you and Billy too by the way" I said and smiled. She looked at me with no emotion, her lips a thin line. Something was bothering her. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Josie? Is anything the matter?" I asked placing a hand on her shoulder. She momentarily closed her eyes and sighed.

"Nothing nothing. I'm probably just overreacting" she just said.

"Josie, you can tell me anything. We've always been telling each other everything. Did something happen?" I asked lowering my voice.

"No no nothing happened. It's just.. Billy hasn't mentioned anything about our anniversary at all. On Monday I told him I love him and he said back. Since then it's been kind of awkward between us. Maybe I messed up.." she said looking down. What was going on with her? Where did my dynamic friend go?

"Josie of course you didn't mess up. You just said how you felt and you have nothing to feel bad or guilty about. Also you never know. Maybe Billy is planning on doing a surprise thing-y. Just you wait. If you see nothing happens, I know you'll handle it in the right way" I said and smiled. She finally looked up at me.

"Yeah. Thank you Anne" she said. I smiled and gave her a tight hug.

"Anytime" I said.

My phone started beeping. I looked down at it and saw a row of messages from Gilbert.

gblythee: good morning my princess❤️
gblythee: ❤️
gblythee: ❤️
gblythee: ❤️
gblythee: ❤️

I chuckled at his messages.

anne.shirley: good morning
my favorite sleepy head❤️

gblythee: hope you didn't forget. today at 4pm I'll be outside your house.❤️

anne.shirley: of course
I didn't forget. I can't wait.
see you soon❤️
Read, 10:51am