05

~GILBERTS POV~

Saturday June 9th, 7:16pm

I saw Diana standing at the other side of the park with 5 other girls and a blonde boy. Two of the girls were blonde, the other two were brunettes and the last one.. She was different. She had beautiful fiery locks that reached just above her shoulders. She wore a plain yet beautiful dress. She could easily be mistaken for a Greek goddess. As I came closer, I realised she was starring at something intently. My favorite sycamore tree.

Ever since my father passed away, whenever I was sad or couldn't cope with reality, I would come here and sit below that tree. Sometimes I'd talk, other times I'd just sit there, calm, enjoying the beauty of the moment.

"Hey!" I said to Diana as I approached the group. I hugged her tightly. I was very glad to see her! It's been too long since we last met up!

"Hey, I'm Gilbert!" I said to all the others behind Diana. They all said 'hi' except for that one girl, who was lost, still looking at the tree. She seemed so.. absorbed, I didn't want to wake her up from her daydream. She was so peaceful. I could look at her all day. But, unfortunately for both of us, Diana nudged her, snapping her out of her reverie. She awkwardly, yet sweetly, introduced herself. The moment we shook hands was it for me. I knew there was something about this girl.

After all the others introduced themselves too, we decided to take a stroll in the park. While Diana talked to Josie, Ruby and Tillie and Jane and Billy were arguing, I took advantage of the chance I had on talking with Anne.

"Hey." I said walking beside her. 

"Oh hi!" Anne said, a small smile forming on her face. I smiled back. Now that I was closer to her, I could see every little detail of her face. Her perfect milky complexion covered with billions of freckles, her red wavy locks.. I took in her blue eyes as the locked on mine for almsot a split of a second..

"You were observing that sycamore tree before, right?" I said pointing at the latter. My attempt on making small talk was utterly ridiculous, but I somehow felt as if I should be talking to her.

"Yeah. She is so beautiful and the scenery is all too magical not to look at! I couldn't help it! Wouldn't be ever so romantic admitting your undying love under that tree during a quite rainy night and.. Oh I'm so sorry.. I can be pretty blabby sometimes. Well, most of the time, really. The point is, it bothers most of the people. What I mean is that, if you're bored, just tell me. I can suppress it, you know, and-" she started saying but I cut her off.

"Anne it's ok. I actually like it when you talk. Your train of thought is really mature. I like it. I really do." I told her seriously, looking into her eyes. She remained silent, but she never broke our eye contact. Then, she cleared her throat and ran next to Diana. Had I said something I shouldn't have? Goddamnit, why can't I have a normal conversation? Ugh, I hope I didn't mess it up..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ANNES POV~

What? I panicked! I didn't know how to react. No one has ever talked to me like that.. Well, Diana and the girls are super sweet, but no one has ever told me they actually like hearing me talk. Don't judge me, I have no experience in.. boys or talking to them, for that matter. Not that I could possibly ever like Gilbert that way. Besides, it seems like Ruby called dibs or something. Yeah, stupid, I know, but still. It wouldn't be nice of me to go and date my best friends crush. Jeez, what am I saying, Anne wake up you just met the guy! Same as Ruby! It's irrational to think of someone in a romantic way, while you've only known them for only hours! Well, we're talking about Ruby, but you know..

After we came back him from the park, I plopped on the couch and unlocked my phone. Then I got a notification on Instagram.

gblythee has requested
to follow you.

accept                        decline

I accepted his request and followed him back. Suddenly, a new post popped up on my screen.

gblythee

gblythee: "She is so beautiful and the scenery is all too magical not to look at!" :)likes: 194 // comments: 27

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

gblythee: "She is so beautiful and the scenery is all too magical not to look at!" :)
likes: 194 // comments: 27

Load more comments

diana.barry: since when have you been poetic?
gblythee: Dude we hadnt spoken in years I-?????

charliesloane_: Nice pic👌
gblythee: ty, c u soon😬

jerrysphotography: wOw ok Gil these skills are almost as good as mine
gblythee: try me bitCH

anne.shirley: :)
gblythee: :))

I smiled at the caption and turned my phone off. I went upstairs to wear my pjs. When I returned at the living room, Diana looked gave me a knowing look. At first I ignored. After a while, I couldn't bear her starring at me like that.

"Hey stop looking at me like that, please?" I said chuckling.

"Oh I just spotted something VERY interesting on Instagram, that's all" she said as her smile grew.

"Good for you, I didn't ask though." I tried to pretend I didn't understand where she was going with this.

"I know.. It's just this new couple. They're not together yet but they soon will be.. You know, you and Gil." she said laughing.

"What?! No Diana stop saying crap. This is ridiculous!-"

"Anne and Gilbert sitting in a tree-" she interrupted me.

"Oh you're so dead Diana Barry! So dead!" I said laughing and I started running after her all around the house as she continued:

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G" she kept shouting as we both laughed. After some good 10 minutes, we both collapsed on the flood breathing heavily.

"I still ship you though" Diana said.

"Just shut up.." I said on a serious tone. I don't and I most certainly WON'T like him.

Whoop ok imma go study now so byeee I'll prob update later, ly all❤️