Chapter 9

I have been playing with the small white card Jack gave me. I wanted to call him but I wasn't sure. I sat my bed and tied my braids into a half ponytail before picking up my Samsung phone. I typed the number on the card as I hesitated.

Should I do it? I don't want to embarrass myself...

I quickly pressed the call button and put my phone on speaker. Jack's phone rang twice before he picked it up. "Umm hello?"

"Hey Jack it's me Michelle."

"Michelle how are you?" He asked sounding surprised.

"I am good. How are you?"

"Bored." He let out a groan. "I would rather be playing fortnight than going lectures."

"Is it that bad?"

"Yes." I didn't know what to say.

"Just think about it this way Jack. Three years would pass very soon and you wouldn't have to worry about being bored. You would be able to play fortnight all you want."

He chucked before continuing. "So I told my mum about us coming over and she suggest that I take you dress shopping." I smirked at his statement.

"You want to take me dress shopping?"

"I have to." What do you mean Jack I ain't forcing you!

"OK so when?" He remained silent for a bit.

"Can we go today. Like right now?"

"Umm OK I just need to get ready. I will meet you outside the library."

"No let's meet in the car park," Jack insisted.

"You drive?"

"Yh I will drive us."

"OK."

"And Michelle?"

"Yes?"

"Remember we are dating. The paparazzi could be anywhere."

"Don't worry I will try and put on a show for you." I quickly got changed into a white top and blue jeans before slipping on my flats. I grab my bag before leaving my accommodation. Once outside I noticed the flash of the cameras and saw the paparazzi.

"Hey Michelle?" The paparazzi said which sounded more like a question.

"How are you doing today?"

"I am good thank you for asking." The man moved from my side to infront of me while taking some more pictures. Another guy joined him before starting to record me.

"So where are you of to?"

"Just around. How did you guys get on campus?"

"This university is constantly opened." The first guy said as he took more photos. I nodded as I continued walking. I got to the car park and stopped walking. I looked around before going into the car park corner. More paparazzi's joined and were filming and recording me.

"Is Jack coming?"

"How old are you?"

"Give us a pose beauty?" I looked at the guy who said this and he smiled while looking shocked that I had acknowledged him. I smiled back before looking back at my phone. I knew there was days I looked nice but I never considered myself a beauty or even a main attraction.

I was never the type of girl who had had a group of guys chasing them. I guess that's why I was surprised that Jack even wanted to fake a relationship.

"What phone to you have?"

"Where is Jack?"

"Are you from here?"