Chapter 50 (Preparation for the ball)

I actually listened to Jack's mum. I took my braids out. My braids were my everything and they were what made me...me but Jack's mum didn't want me to show up and 'ruin the family face'. I got into the shower and poured almost the whole bottle of head and shoulders into my hair before scrubbing my scalp. After I was done I washed the soap out before having a shower.

Once done I wrapped a towel around my body and blow dried my hair while combing it before gently massaging cream into my scalp and hair. When I was done I tied my hair into a low ponytail before packing my stuff. I was going to spend the whole day with Jack's mum.

Jack gave me her number and gave her my number so we can prepare together. I felt like the Lee family were taking the ball too seriously. The one I went to before wasn't taken as seriously as this one.

I waited in John Lewis for Mrs Lee to come over and even sent her a text.

'Hello Mrs Lee it's me Michelle William. I am currently waiting for you in John Lewis Café so we can prepare for the ball.'

She didn't reply but soon after the door opened and in she walked. She was wearing a black pencil skirt and black crop jumper. She looked around confused then she spotted me. Her eyes widened in shock. She came over to my table and walked around me to examine me well.

"This is better and natural," she felt my ponytail surprisingly gentle.

"Seeing as the ball is in two days you might as well stay over tomorrow night so early in the morning I can do your hair for you,"

"Wait you are doing my hair?" She nodded.

"I am not spending a penny on you so I have to do everything."

"I thought you would be nice seeing as I saved your husband," she let out a long sign before taking a seat in front of me.

"I know what you did. Chris always eats that cake and nothing happens but then when you are here you nearly dies."

"If you are trying to blame me for what happened you can't because I didn't make the cake besides I have my own allergies so I can't mess around too much."

Mrs Lee got her phone out and started using it. I have noticed she does that when she can't think of a good comeback. She looked up from her phone before looking carefully at me.

"Stand up," I did as I was told but could see the look of disapproval she as she looked at me.

"I think you need to proceed with a diet. A real one."

"I barely eat anything nowadays," Mrs Lee snorted at what I said.

"Yh and I eat Pizza day and night," I knew she was being sarcastic. Mrs Lee was beautiful and she knows it. She knows she has a perfect figure and no one would ever think she eats pizza 24/7 but I decided to hit her with a come back.

"You can pass as someone who does," Mrs Lee scowled at me.

"Carry on and I will personally take it upon myself to make you physically unable to go to the ball,"

What an actual wimp! Couldn't think of anything to say so she threatens me.

"Right in regards of Make up I have someone who does my make up and they will be attempting to yours."

"Attempting? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well my make up artist has never done a black persons make up so may use the dark colours wrongly,"

"I can do my own make up,"

"No. You can't," I shake my head at her immaturity. I can't believe I have to bond with her the whole day.

***

"You better eat everything on your plate," I groaned as I looked down at my plate full of vegetables.

"Do I have to?"

"Well go take a look in the mirror and see if you have to or not," Mrs Lee says with an eye roll.

She has gotten herself a croissant and some strawberries but with me she got me sweet corn, carrots, baby tomatoes and green peas. We were in her in house eating. Well she was and I wasn't.

"Eat so we can quickly move on and stop being fat and slow," I picked up my folk and slowly ate my vegetables. When I had finally finished our plates were taken away and Mrs Lee gestured for me to sit down in the living room. She switched the TV off and turned to face me.

"Right the ball is on the third so tomorrow evening I suggest you stay the night like mentioned before. Jack wouldn't be here just me, my husband and Lucy which should be OK. From here Jack would come and pick you up so the both of you can go together."

"Thank God," I sign loudly.

"Excuse me."

"Nothing." She goes over and over again about the ball. She then gets to the do's and don't's.

"You can dance with anyone who asks you to. That's known as being polite,"

I already knew doing this makes you a polite person. Does she really think I am dumb?

"You can try as much food as possible but in your case have the least. During the ball just stick to Jack like glue because the media would be here filming."

Great.

"Now we get to the what you can't do at the ball. First major one. Don't embarrass the family. I have seen you talking to the paparazzi and saying stupid things about going atmosphere. Non of us shop there so stop. For a day put your ways a side and copy us though you can never be us."

"Your embarrassed that I told them I go Atmosphere," I asked while smiling.

"The media would think we all do so you need to stop!"

I start laughing "imagine when they find out my outfit is from the charity shop. That would look good right?"

Mrs Lee face started turning red and I knew then that I was pressing the right buttons.

"The headlines would be beautiful: Mrs Lee rents sons girlfriend's outfit from charity shop. How evil can Mrs Lee be?"

Suddenly Mrs Lee stood up before standing right in front of me.

"Don't test my water or your going to get burnt," I smirk at her statement.

"And don't test my Mrs Lee or your going to dissolve all together," with that said I took my stuff before leaving.

"See you tomorrow evening."