Chapter 28

The day had come for me to go over to Jack's place and I was very nervous about it. I kept replaying the evening that I fell which made it onto the front cover of magazines as well as newspapers. I groaned at the memory. 

"Don't tell me you don't want to go anymore,"  Jack said as he drove us to his place. I didn't say anything when he asked and was glad when he didn't offer me a pound for my thoughts because now wasn't the time. I needed  to stay calm. I closed my eyes as I tried to talk some sense to myself.

Calm yourself Michelle!

I didn't want to be nervous but I couldn't help it. I started to feel butterfly's in my stomach which I hated! I didn't want to feel anything but my body was going against me. I opened my eyes to find the car still and parked outside a beautiful big white house. There was some people standing outside talking and some stared in our direction.

I saw the paparazzi and gave them a small wave as they excitedly flashed their cameras.

"Jack do you like Pizza?"

"Yh."

"OK let's go pizza hut," he raised his eyebrows as I explained to him what to do.

"Just turn the engine on and let's go right around." Jack turned to face me.

"Listen Michelle you are doing great. Now I know you feel like you last embarrassed yourself but trust me you didn't. My dad freaking loves you...and my mum does to. Lucy sees you as a queen so no one thinks negatively of you OK." I nodded but couldn't help but notice the way he hesitated with his mum.

She hates me.

Jack gave me a small kiss on the cheek before getting out of his car. He walked quickly to the other side before opening the door for me. I got out and smoothed out my clothes.

"You look beautiful Michelle," I turned  and smiled at Jack. "You look handsome Jack," he smiled at me and was about to kiss me on the cheek when the paparazzi started shouting.

"Do it Jack!"

"You two are a cute couple."

"Is this your engagement party?"

Jack grabbed my hand before pulling me inside his house. Once inside the guest in the corridor greeted us as we walked in.

"Yayyyy!" Someone screamed and I felt small arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around to see Lucy. I bent down and gave her a hug.

"How are you doing Lucy?"

"I am happy. Dad let me drink Ribena juice." I smiled to cover up the fact that the butterflies in my stomach had increased. Jack took me to the living room which was filled with people who all immediately looked at our direction. Jack sat me next to him and moved close to me before taking my hand in his and putting his free arm around me.

"We are just going to wait for my parents to come over and then-"

"Jack is that you?" Jack looks up and I see dread in his eyes as a blonde hair girl smiles at him.

"Hey Lisa how are you?"

"Really good and you?"

"I am ok..." Lisa turns to face me and scowls. "Who is she?" She looks down at Jack's hand holding my. "This is my girlfriend Michelle." She frowns as she turns to me.

"Michelle William? You mean the atmosphere meme?"

"Lisa!" Jack shouted as he caught some attention from other people around. "How dare you say that!" Lisa winks at Jack before rolling her eyes at me and leaving.

I am a meme.

Jack turns to me after she is gone. "I am sorry about that. She has been trying to have a relationship with me. She is jealous of you."

"That's OK." I am not effected.

OK I am!

Jack decided to walk me around the house. He pulled me up into a room.

"This is my mum's office. No one is allowed here ever but today is an exception." I walked around it and saw thick big books which looked very boring.

I couldn't imagine someone like his mother reading that. She looks like the type to read a vogue magazine. My eyes caught onto a book which shocked me.

Fifty shades of grey!

The most dirtiest book of all time. I blinked as I tried to see if it was just my imagination. No matter how many times I blinked fifty shades of grey stared back at me. Jack was reading through some of her notes with his Jaw clenched. I had never seen him look so tensed before. He was always relaxed.

"Jack," he continued to look at the notes as if he hadn't heard me. "I think we should leave." He folded the notes up and pushed them into his pocket. "Your right," he turned and walked out of the office which led to me having to run after him.

"Jack!" He didn't stop and carried on speed walking making me run after him. It was then that I bumped into a figure causing me to fall but the person caught me before I could fall and held me firmly. I looked up at the person to see it was Jack's dad. He smiled down at me.

"Nice way to see you again Michelle." I stood up properly and smiled.

"Sorry about that Sir. That's one thing I have realised. I am really clumsy."

"Oh no don't worry about it. How was your journey here?"

"Jack drove me here which was great." Jack's dad smiled and it was then that I saw the resemblance. The way they smiled, their hair and height was similar.

"I am glad he did. Where is Jack?" I turned around and saw Jack standing there looking at us with a content expression.

"Jack how are you?" His dad asked him while giving him a smile.

"I am good. How are you and mum?"

"We are both doing well actually. Would you both be staying for lunch?"

"Depends. Where is mum?"

"She is in the kitchen." Jack turned to me.

"I will be back Michelle. Dad keep her company." His dad nodded before turning to face me.

"So Michelle have you seen our chocolate fountain?"

"No Sir."

"Let me show you then. Please call me Chris."

Chris.