Fighting in the Revolution and the Winter's Ball

Author's Note: The Schuyler's are the only genderbends. Everyone else, Alexander, Aaron, etc will stay their original gender.

Your Pov

Many weeks passed after I met the Schuyler brothers. I wrote to each of them when I could and they wrote back. The Winter's Ball was approaching steadily and I had been searching for an appropriate dress.

Today, I had been reading some books. After a while, I headed downstairs to see if their were any letters for me. I got to the letter box and opened it. There were two letters. One was from Elizjah and the other was blank on the front with only the recipient's name on it. I flipped it over to see if there was any seal.

I almost dropped the letter when I saw the seal. It was Washington seal. I ran up to my room and opened the letter. The contents read as follows:

To Mr. (L/n) of the (L/n) family,

The revolution is growing larger by the day. We have lost many soldiers in these bloody battles. Your request to join this army for the revolution has been granted. We expect you to gather with the other soldiers in the square two days after you read this letter.

G. Washington

My eyes widened in shock. My father was going to join the revolution. I looked over the letter once more, and heard the front door open. Father called me downstairs, "(Y/n), I need to speak with you." I grabbed the letter and went downstairs. Father turned to me, then saw the letter in my hand, "So you've already found out..."

I dropped the letter onto the table and felt the tears run down my face, "Y-You're joining the revolution?" He picked up the letter and read it before placing it back on the table, "Yes, but I will attend the Winter's Ball with you tomorrow. I don't want you to be sad, alright?" I nodded, wiping the tears off my face, "I'll try not to be. Will I stay here while you're gone?"

He shook his head, "No. You'll be staying at the Schuyler residence for the time being. So tomorrow you will pack up the stuff you need and it will be taken to the Schuyler's home." I sighed, "Alright, father. I'm going to go out for a bit."

Without waiting for a response, I left the house. I needed to get my mind off of the revolution, so I went to shop for a dress for the ball. I tried on a lot of dresses but none of them really caught my eye. I was about to walk out, when a nearby dress caught my attention.

 I was about to walk out, when a nearby dress caught my attention

I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I bought the dress, which was surprisingly, not that expensive. I went home and hung it up before looking for a pair of heels to wear. I eventually found a good pair and put them with the dress.

After that, I got ready for bed and went to sleep, feeling excited about the ball and worried about father.

(The next day...)

When I woke up, I could hear the sounds of the people bustling outside. I got up and got dressed. I smiled as I saw the dress. I grabbed the trunk I packed and put it by the door. I headed downstairs to see father but he was writing a letter, so I headed back upstairs. I read a book and became immersed in it. After awhile, I put the book down and checked the time. It was 6:00! The ball was in an hour!