Seventeen

Your Pov:

I had left to the balcony and sat on a chair. I leaned my head on to the stone railing. I felt so exhausted and just wanted to go back to the carefree times. I heard the balcony door open and turned. Elizjah stood there. I spoke, "What are you doing out here?" He leaned against the railing, "I just thought you might be a little lonely."

I sighed, "I'm alright. Just exhausted. I was thinking about the carefree days when I wasn't damaged." He shook his head, "Fine! We’re 'damaged'. Really 'damaged'. But that does not make us 'wise'." I stayed silent as he continued, "We don’t choose who lives or dies. Let’s be normal, see bad plays! Sneak a drink and watch debates! We’ll bake brownies or go riding. Don’t you want a life with me? Can’t we be seventeen?" I blinked away tears.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "That’s all I want to do. If you could let me in, I could be good with you!People hurt us-" I cut him off and shook my head, "Or they vanish." He squeezed my shoulder, "And you’re right, that really blows. But we let go—" I chimed in, "Take a deep breath." He smiled, "Then go buy some summer clothes. We'll go traveling—"

I rested my hand on his, "Play some poker." He pulled me to my feet, "And we’ll eat some chilled fruit. Maybe ball night?" I smiled as he spun us around, "Maybe dancing?" He looked me in the eyes, "Don't stop looking in my eyes." I nodded, "Your eyes." I spoke, "Can't we be seventeen? Is that so hard to do?" Elizjah gripped my hands, "If you could let me in, I could be good with you. Let us be seventeen.
If we still got the right." I rested my head against his chest as he spoke.

"So what’s it gonna be? I wanna be with you." I looked up at him, "I wanna be with you." He hugged me, muttering, "Wanna be with you." We both went to speak, "Tonight-" I let him speak first, "Yeah we’re damaged." I nodded, "Badly damaged." I thought to myself, 'But your love’s too good to lose...' He hugged me, "Hold me tighter." I tightened my grip on him, "Even closer." He whispered in my ear, "I’ll stay if I’m what you choose."

I looked at him questioningly, "Can we be seventeen?" He nodded, "If I am what you choose." I sighed, "If we've still got the right." He pulled away from me, "‘Cause you’re the one I choose." I looked up to the stars, "You’re the one I choose." I felt arms wrap around my waist, "You’re the one I choose." I smiled.

I got out of his grip and headed into my room. I changed into a nightgown and laid on my bed. Thoughts swirled around in my head. The wedding was stressing me out, Alexander was stressinging me out, and I think I'm getting sick. The past weeks, I've been vomiting and my cycle was late. I thought that the stress was also stressing my body and that's why it would've been late. It was then that I remembered the events of the past month. I spent a day with each of the boys and each day ended less than appropriate things.

I wanted to cry, but at the same time, I wanted to yell for joy. I pulled out a piece of paper, some ink, and a quill. I wrote a letter for the nearby doctor and gave it to one of the servants to get sent. I then blew out my candles and got into bed, falling fast asleep.