Confronting Alexander Hamilton

Your pov

I woke up early and headed out to the garden. I walked around admiring the different types of flowers. Further into the garden, I sat on a stone bench and looked at my ring. Some birds tweeted in the trees overhead. I hummed a melody and slowly started singing.

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing "Hallelujah"

Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter what you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelu-
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelu-
Hallelujah

I opened my eyes when I heard clapping. Angelo, Elizjah, and Peter stood in front of me. I blushed and stood, "I...I didn't know you three were out here..." They smiled and approached me. Angelo grabbed my hand, "You sing beautifully. Don't worry." Elizjah and Peter nodded.

I blushed harder, "So, did you need something?" Elizjah spoke, "We're going to go into town. Would you like to come?" I smiled, "Sure. Let's get going then." We headed out to the carriage and went into the city. The ride was full of conversation and after 10 minutes, we arrived.

The boys stepped out and helped me out. We walked around, seeing everyone working. As we turned a corner, I bumped into someone and before I could fall, they caught me.

I looked up and saw Alexander's chocolate brown eyes. I frowned and pulled away, speaking sharply, "Alexander." He spoke, "(Y/n)." The boys grabbed my hands and I looked away from him, "Goodbye, Alexander." As we got a few feet away, he called out, "(Y/n), wait! Can we talk?" I turned around and saw how helpless he looked, "Make it quick."

Angelo took Elizjah and Peter across to a shop, glancing back at me before going inside. Alexander pulled me into an alleyway before speaking, "So, you're engaged now?" I nodded, "Yes. To the three of them. But according to you, I won't ever be satisfied." He scoffed, "You're like me. I've never been satisfied." I looked him in the eyes, "If you think that I'm not satisfied, what would make me satisfied?"

He grabbed my hand and put it to his heart, "Me. Just being near you makes me feel satisfied. And I've told you before, I've never been satisfied." I pulled away from him, "I am engaged, Alexander. And...I've grown close to the three of them. You will never be satisfied, because I can never be yours."

I went to walk out of the alley when he grabbed my hand and turned me around. I tried to speak, but I was cut off by his lips on mine. He kissed me with such emotion, but I could not bring myself to reciprocate it. I pulled back and slapped him. The force made his head turn to the side. I yanked my hand away and walked away, "I-I can't, Alexander."

As I left the alleyway, he called out, "I'm not throwing away my shot,
(Y/n)!" I continued to the carriage, thinking to myself, 'Don't waste your shot, Alexander...'