The Party

The night of the party Rey had started her makeup as soon as she got home from fencing. They were going too meet at the Solo's before hand so she had to get what she wanted to do done with enough time to reapply it and do something more natural if Leia thought it was too much. Rey picked up her phone and video called Leia, Ben answered without looking at the screen, "Hey Rey, my mom left her phone in the kitchen and I'm taking it to her."

"That's fine, I just need her to approve my makeup," Ben was half way up the stairs when he looked at her dropped to one knee. She was wearing bright red eyeshadow in the corners of her eyes and blended into her half-cut crease with a winged eyeliner, she had also contoured and highlighted and was wearing a nude shimmering lip gloss.

"Your eyes are stunning," he watched her as she bit her lip and blushed.

"You don't think it's too much?" Ben didn't answer as he walked into his mom and uncle's office.

He turned the phone around and handed it to his mom, "Breaking News, Rey is pretty."

"Oh Rey, I love it, it's a little dramatic but you look too beautiful to change it," Leia responded.

"You're absolutely certain?" Rey looked back at her self in her bathroom mirror.

"Sweetie, if you had done that the first time Ben met you he would have passed out," behind her Ben slowly stepped out of frame as Rey laughed.

[Line]

Ben unlocked his bathroom and bedroom door and walked downstairs wearing a black long sleeve shirt and jeans. He walked into the kitchen and his dad was sitting at the island, "I know you put your hair in rollers."

"But are you going to tell anyone?" Ben raised an eyebrow.

"Not if you behave yourself tonight, I know you like her, but just," Han paused thinking.

"I wasn't planning on making a move, I'm going to watch her like I watch Finn and Poe but I know she wants to have fun with her friends and doesn't need me chasing after her," Ben shrugged as he sat across from his dad, "But if anyone tries to make a move I won't hesitate to shut them down, I know she's not mine but I won't let anyone near her if they might hurt her."

Han gave a proud smile, "Did I raise you this way or your mom?"

"Well you tend to get attached quickly and Mom and Luke both feel compassion deeply so I guess it's genetic or a learned pattern from both of you," Han just stared at his son.

"Sometimes you creep me out."

[Line]

The Kenobi's drove towards the Solo's house and Rey texted Ben, 'I'm not going to kiss you on the cheek because of my lip gloss, please don't mess up my make up before the party'.

'I won't as long as you don't mess up my hair, I want a picture of it so I can make a joke about it being Darth Vader inspired, I know you didn't plan that but that's what I thought of', Ben was always thinking about Darth Vader.

'Actually it was...and I guess I can resist your hair for a few hours', Rey smirked at her responce and put her phone in her back pocket as they pulled into the Solo's driveway.