Chapter 80

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jasmine P.O.V.

Evan and I sat in his lawyer's office waiting for his lawyer to come in to speak with us.

After the topic of having a prenup was brought up it was clear Evan and I weren't on the same page about it. So he suggested we come to his lawyer and put everything out on the table and figure out an agreement that would suit the both of us.

I want to marry Evan and have all the babies he wants. But I don't want to be set up for failure.

"You want some water?" Evan asked.

"No. I just hope this doesn't take long. I'm tired," I said.

I'm getting to that stage in my pregnancy where I'm tired and just wanting to lay in bed and eat whatever I want.

"Well hopefully we can come to an agreement rather quickly then I can get you back home. I'll even stop by your favorite fast food place before we go back home. Then when we get home I'll rub your feet and run you a bubble bath," Evan said.

I smiled.

"You're so sweet. I'm so lucky," I said happily.

I have the sweetest fiancé in the world.

"No I'm the lucky one," Evan smiled.

A few moments later an older gentleman walked into the office.

"Hello Evan," the man said.

"Hey Ben," Evan said.

The man sat down at his desk and took out a notepad and pen.

"What brings you into my office today Evan?" the man asked.

"Well first I'd like to introduce you to my fiancée. This is Jasmine. Jasmine this is my lawyer Ben. He's been a lawyer for my family since I was born," Evan said.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Nice to meet you too. I knew this day would come for you Evan. I take it you're here about a prenup," Ben said.

"Yup. We aren't in any rush down the aisle but we'd like to have a document already in place for the day we do get married," Evan explained.

"Well your father and I have already spoken and I've drafted you up a prenup," Ben said.

Ben got out a folder and placed it in front of Evan and I.

"My father's already been here to see you?" Evan asked as he looked over the document.

"He hasn't been by the office but we spoke over the phone. I wrote up a draft and sent it to him via email and he approved it. He says you'll be taking over the company at the beginning of next year. Congrats," Ben said.

"Thanks... Ben there are some things wrong with this," Evan said.

"We can negotiate the final amount paid out in case of divorce," Ben said.

"That's not really my problem," Evan said.

"Then what seems to be wrong?" Ben asked.

"Jasmine and I will share custody of our child or anything future children we may have. I want it fifty fifty," Evan said.

Ben looked at me and I got this uneasy feeling. I touched my stomach slightly protectively.

What the hell did that paper say?

"Can I see it," I asked as I reached for the paper.

"No. It doesn't matter what this says because it's not happening," Evan said keeping the paper out of my reach.