Chapter 84

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

I walked in the house and could smell dinner. This is going to be my life now. Coming home to a home cooked meal for dinner with my wife and son. I really can't wait until Jasmine gives birth and we say I do.

I walked into the kitchen with a dozen roses in my hands.

I had stopped to get Jasmine some flowers on the way home. I just wanted to be nice.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Jasmine washing her hands in the sink.

I quietly came up behind her and surprised her with the roses.

"Babe," Jasmine said surprised.

"Hey beautiful," I said.

Jasmine turned around and gave me a hug.

I hugged her and nuzzled her neck.

"I missed you today," I said.

I placed the flowers on the counter then rubbed her belly.

"Daddy missed you too little one," I said to her belly.

"Well we missed daddy too didn't we," Jasmine said.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Good. Dinner's almost ready. Go sit down and I'll make you a drink," Jasmine said.

I took off my suit jacket and placed it behind the chair.

I sat down as Jasmine brought me over a glass of whiskey.

My baby knows what I like.

She handed me my drink and I pulled her down onto my lap.

"Evan I'm too heavy to be sitting on your lap," Jasmine giggled.

"Don't say that. You're perfect. You're carrying my child. So it's like I'm holding you both," I said.

Jasmine blushed and I took a sip of my drink.

"How was work?" Jasmine asked as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Busy. My father wants us to start thinking of new ways to market the company. I told him since you are interested in marketing as your career we should have you come in to oversee things as it happens. I think it'll give you some hands on experience," I said.

"Sounds cool. I'd love to see how the marketing side of your business works," Jasmine said.

"Well you can come by the office tomorrow and I'll introduce you to a few people who work in our marketing department," I said.

"Sounds great," Jasmine said.

Jasmine smiled at me and I rubbed her side.

"Babe...." Jasmine said quietly.

"Yeah baby," I said.

"Umm... I saw my sister and George today," Jasmine said.

Hearing that pricks name made me tense. The last time I saw Jasmine's brother in law I wanted to beat the shit out of him.

He said horrible and unforgivable things to Jasmine about our unborn child.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well my sister texted me that she wanted to meet up. I thought it was just going to be the two of us but George was there also," Jasmine explained.

"He wasn't an asshole to you again was he?" I asked getting upset.

"No. He actually apologized to me. Claudette and him are sorry and would actually like to come here for dinner. He wants to apologize to you too. They want to be in our child's life so they want to make amends," Jasmine said.