Chapter 95

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

"What the hell are you up to?" I asked Caleb bluntly as he closed the door to my home office.

When I got home I didn't expect to see Caleb here.

When I saw him sitting on the couch with Jasmine while holding my son I have to say the scene didn't make me feel comfortable.

Before Caleb lost my money and got himself arrested I would have trusted him around my woman and child no questions asked. But right now apart of me still doesn't trust him completely and there is no way in hell I'd ever let anther man best friend or no watch over my woman and child for me.

"What do you mean what am I up to? Your woman is obviously not ready to be alone with the baby while you travel for work. I was just offering to help," Caleb said acting innocent.

"Well thanks but I don't need your help. What I need is my money you lost. You got that?" I asked.

"No," Caleb said.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"Well I stopped by to actually see if you wouldn't mind asking your father if I could come work at the family company. Now that I got all this legal garbage sorted out I have some bills to pay. I don't have much of an income right now and was thinking we could work together," Caleb said.

"You think after you lost two million dollars of my personal money I'd ever let you near my family's company?" I questioned as if Caleb was stupid for asking.

"Man it's not like I can take any money from your company. I just need a job to hold me over," Caleb pleaded.

I didn't want to think the worse of Caleb but I did. I barely got the company not to go bankrupt. I just couldn't hire a person like Caleb to be apart of the company.

"Well work at a coffee shop," I said.

"Really? That's how you're going to be when we're suppose to be bros?" Caleb said offended.

"If we're such bros why did you take my money knowing you'd lose it?" I countered.

"Man I said sorry about that. But don't act like you aren't loaded," Caleb said.

"That's not the point. Look I got to figure some stuff out personally so I need you to go. Oh and don't stop by unannounced again. Text me before you come to my house next time," I said.

"Man you're changing... turning into a real hard ass like your old man," Caleb said.

"Goodbye Caleb," I said as I walked over behind my desk.

Caleb showed himself out and I sat down at my desk.

I had to figure out a solution quick so I wouldn't have Jasmine alone here while I was away.

As I sat in deep thought Jasmine walked back into my office. She was alone though.

"Where is Caleb?" Jasmine asked looking around.

"He left. Where's Deacon?" I asked.

"In his crib. I thought we could have our alone time for thirty minutes," Jasmine said.

"Sure," I said.

Jasmine walked over to my desk and I let her sit on my lap.

I wrapped my arms around her waist a she wrapped her arms around my neck. She hugged me as I rested my head in her bosom.