Chapter 90

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

I stood in the hallway of the hospital pacing, wanting to punch a wall or do something.

Jasmine was found unconscious in Claudette's basement.

I had called the police and given them a description of George's car thanks to Jasmine's Grandmother.

They tracked the car down to an address and I demanded to go with them.

When we got there an ambulance had already arrived but George's car was gone.

There were neighbors outside looking on at the spectacle going on at Claudette's house.

I ran inside and saw the ambulance wheeling Jasmine out on a stretcher.

She was unconscious and seemed to be losing a lot of blood. Her stomach had gone down and it was obvious she'd given birth.

Something went wrong!

Jasmine's here hurt and my son isn't with her.

"Jasmine baby!" I screamed worried.

I grabbed her hand and kissed her fingertips.

"Baby wake up. Please I can't lose you. You're the best thing to ever happen to me baby. Please baby open those beautiful brown eyes and look at me," I pleaded.

"Sir we need to get her to the hospital. She's lost a lot of blood and might not make it," an EMT worker said.

"I'm going with you to the hospital," I said.

"Sir are you family? Only family is allowed to ride along," the EMT worker said.

"I'm her husband!" I lied.

We might not be legally married but Jasmine and I are family no matter what the law says.

As they put Jasmine in the back of the ambulance I went up to a cop a neighbor was talking to.

"Yeah they had a baby with them before they took off," the neighbor said.

My son!

"Where did they go?" I demanded.

"I don't know sir. But they avoided eye contact when I tried to talk to them. I saw blood on George's shirt," the neighbor said.

"Officer we have to find them! They kidnapped my son! Jasmine just gave birth and they stole our baby," I panicked.

"Sir calm down while I get more information," the officer said calmly.

"I will not calm down! They stole my son and left my wife for dead! If you don't get your ass in action I'll have your badge!" I threatened.

I can remember the officer finally getting into action.

While he did his part I went to the hospital.

I had to be there for my son and Jasmine.

Now here I was waiting to hear if Jasmine would pull through and come out of this.

"Mr. Sharp," the doctor said as he came up to me.

"How's Jasmine. Can I see her," I said.

"She... She didn't make it. I'm sorry but she lost too much blood sir," the doctor said.

"NO! You're lying! Get your ass back in there and save her!" I said angrily.