Chapter 89

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

Claudette and George had wheeled Jasmine out of the hospital through a service elevator. All we could see on the security footage was that they used the service elevator to get to the parking garage.

Once the elevator doors opened and they got into the parking garage there was no more footage.

This stupid hospital didn't have cameras in their parking garage.

I had no clue what they had been driving or what direction they were headed.

Jasmine's grandmother could at least identify the car but she didn't know where Claudette or George took Jasmine.

I asked for their house address and they apparently never told Grandma Ruby where they moved.

"Evan maybe it's time to get the police involved," my mother said.

"No! They'll just slow me down!" I said on edge.

"Son your mother is right. We have nothing else to go on. The police could help," my father agreed.

"I should have never left her. I shouldn't have gone on that business trip! Why the hell did you have to have me go on that business trip?" I said lashing out at my father.

"Business is business. We thought Jasmine had a couple more weeks," my father argued.

"Fuck business! I swear if anything bad happens to Jasmine or my child...." I said worried.

"Evan think positive," my mother said as she gave me a hug.

"I'm supposed to protect them mom. I didn't protect my family like I promised. I promised to always protect Jasmine. Mom she's probably scared... she's going through this alone and I should be by her side. I failed her and my son," I said breaking down.

This is all my fault. If I had of just been here none of this would have happened.

Jasmine P.O.V.

"Where is Claudette?" I asked as George came over to my bedside.

I was trying to stay calm and breathe evenly but nothing was working. I was panicking. I was scared and wanted Evan.

"Claudette needed to take a break. She was getting too overwhelmed. I'll be here until you deliver my son," George said.

"He's not your son," I shouted.

"Shh... getting worked up isn't good for the delivery process Jasmine," George said as he pushed my hair back and looked into my eyes.

"This isn't right George you and Claudette can't have my child!" I said.

"Jasmine, Claudette and I are older than you and more than ready to start a family. You aren't married, you have no career, your baby daddy is always jet setting. Giving your child to us is the best option. Don't worry you will be welcome to visit. You'll make an alright aunt," George said.

I felt a contraction coming and screamed in pain.

George moved down towards the end of the bed and I tried to sit up but the pain was unbearable.

I screamed as another contraction came.

George spread my legs and I screamed.

I started kicking my feet and he firmly held me down by my ankles.

"I need to see how dilated you are," George said.

George moved his hand up my thigh under the hospital gown I was wearing.