Chapter 85

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

I walked down the hallway holding Jasmine's hand.

I could feel her nerves. I moved my hand out of hers and around her waist. I pulled her to my side and kissed her temple.

"Babe relax," I whispered.

Today I was introducing Jasmine to some workers in our marketing department. She was going to be shadowing and getting a feel for the job. I had no doubt that once she graduated and got her degree I could find a position for her here.

I wouldn't want my girl going anywhere else with her talents.

"Babe maybe you shouldn't go in there with me. I mean I'm the boss's son's fiancée. They are going to think I'm only here because of you," Jasmine said worried of other's opinions.

Jasmine always cares what other's think.

"Baby you are my fiancée and there is no hiding it. No one should say anything to you but if someone does tell me and I'll set them straight," I assured her.

I opened the door to the conference room some of the marketing team was meeting in.

"Good morning Evan," Landon said.

Landon is the supervisor for the marketing team.

"Good morning Landon. This is Jasmine. She's going to be shadowing you all today. She's thinking of a career in marketing and advertising management so I thought it'd be great for her to see what you all do," I explained.

"Hi Jasmine nice to meet you," Landon said as he shook Jasmine's hand.

"Hi nice to meet you too," Jasmine said back.

"Well I'll leave you all too it. I'll be by later to check on you alright," I said to Jasmine.

Jasmine nodded and I smiled at her.

I pulled her into my embrace and kissed her.

She quickly pulled away and blushed shyly.

I noticed a few of the workers watching us.

"Oh for anyone wondering Jasmine is my fiancée. I'm sure no one in here has a problem with that," I said.

I saw Jasmine blushing with embarrassment.

She's so cute.

I wasn't going to hide our relationship. I'm way too old to be moving in secret. Also I'm the CEO. I have no reason to hide anything from the people my father and I help employ.

"I love you and I'll see you later," I said.

I smiled at Jasmine then left the room.

I knew she'd be ok.

I walked down to my office and saw my father standing in the hallway with a young woman.

"Hey dad," I said.

"Did you get Jasmine settled?" my father asked.

"Yeah. She's with the marketing team," I said.

"Good well this is Zoey. She's going to be your new assistant. She's graduating high school in a few weeks and was looking for a summer job and maybe something to do during college. She knows you have a demanding schedule and is here to help. Zoey this is my son Evan," my father introduced us.

"Nice to meet you Zoey," I said.

Zoey smiled and seemed shy.

Zoey was dark skin, had braids that were black at her roots and blonde towards the ends. The braids hung down to her elbows. She was probably around 5'6 or 5'8. She was skinny but wore slightly baggy clothes.