I

In a small building hidden in the woods, screams filled the area. If you got closer you could tell someone was in pain. If you got closer still, you could tell it was a boy. The building wasn't really anything on the outside, it was the inside that held all of its secrets. When you walked the blinding white halls, the smell of antiseptic would attack your senses almost instantly. They were trying to hide something, but if you looked closely you could see the faint glow of green along the ground and splatter on the walls, giving the hall an eerie glow.

An agonizing scream filled the white hallways, reverberating along the walls as it traveled through the facility. In a lab located on the west side of the building, a metal table was centered in the room.

The room was filled with the faint smell of antiseptic, not as strong as the halls. The room was only filled with a raised metal table and a wheeled tray. Tools cluttered the metal tray, clattering as scientists picked up nearby tools. They were dressed in the same blinding white, but black boots and black gloves contrasted in the room.

Another scream sounded, filling the lab as it grew in volume. The taller scientist tsked as he set done the scalpel that was dripping with a green and red liquid. A boy lay unconscious on the dissection table, straps hanging off of his pale skin.

His white hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat, and his closed lids hid bright green orbs. His body had a slight glow to it, peeking out through the shreds that were his clothes. It made him look almost ethereal and pleasant in the blinding lab.

"Take D-114 to his cell." The scientist sighed as he began to clean the lab. Gray hair streaked his short hair and goatee. He jotted down a couple of notes before resuming his cleaning routine.

The guard dragged the lifeless body down the white hallways, taking turns every now and then before they reached a metal door. The small serial number of D-114 was etched into the door, the only thing the boy knew belonged to him. The muscular guard tossed the boy into the cell, making him jolt awake in pain.

D-114 sat up, relieved to see he was in his cell. This was the only place they didn't hurt him, the only real safe place in this whole building. It was covered in dried puddles of his blood, the green liquid glowed faintly in the dimly lit room. It was small and suffocating, but he didn't mind it. They had just finished his second draw of blood this week, they usually do two before dissecting him again.

The thin boy sat up and mentally checked his injuries, relieved to know it was nothing serious. His fast healing would close the wounds in a couple of hours, though it would be faster if he was fed more often and his stupid dampening collar was off. D-114 laid on his back, staring up at the ceiling until someone came in.

"Let's go," a gruff voice sounded as the boy got up from his place on the cold ground. He kept his gaze on the ground. He wasn't allowed to talk or make eye contact with anyone in the facility unless he wanted to be punished severely for tainting their faces with his "ghost scum" eyes. The man escorted him to a familiar room and the boy took a deep breath. A shiver ran down the boy's scarred spine as he recollected what had happened in here, what always happened. He pushed down the memories, stiffly walking into the room.

"Ah, welcome D-114." This man was basically the boss of everyone, and he treated the boy the worst. Everyone in the facility hated him, but it seemed like this man was born to make D-114's life as painful as possible. He calls him "Sir", the only thing he's heard associated with the scary man.

The boy did nothing but stare at the pale on his wrists as he was led into another lab. He quietly climbed onto the table with no hesitation, already knowing the routine. The man smiled, but it wasn't really a smile. His lips turned up a bit and his eyes sparkled, but his smile had a creepiness that had to be developed over time.