Chapter 4

I activated my ability and that's when Evan threw yet another rock.

I counterattacked by firing an energy beam at it, causing it to break into many tiny pieces.

"What the-?" Evan was taken aback by seeing this.

I could tell he never anticipated me being able to do more than just ice.

I teleported close to him and pushed him back with telekinetic waves, which since he was closer, it impacted him more and he slammed into the wall behind him, leaving an indentation.

He fell to the floor and I stepped over him. "Had enough?"

"Fine," He coughed. "I didn't want to start out my first day like this, but I won't make it worse for myself."

"Good boy," I grabbed his head and lifted it so he had to look at me. "Now, never mess with me again, unless you want something worse happening."

I walked back to Claire and she looked at me with a blank expression.

"What?"

"That was more than I expected you to do."

"Yeah, so?"

"Just be careful you don't cause too much destruction."

"I'll be fine." I sneered.

She didn't seem to believe me.

"Let's just get to class." I started walking in the direction of my first class.

I sat down at my desk once I arrived, which was in the very back away from everyone else.

"Good morning class, today..." I ignored the teacher from there.

I looked down and started observing my long hair. Wonder what it would look like short? Meh, it's too long and luscious to be cut, but I may have to have times I gotta put it up.

"Pssst, Kami."

I turned and seen a classmate I never talk to speak to me.

"What?" I said grumbly.

"Uh, the teacher paired us for a group project."

I groaned. "I'm doing all the work, okay? I can't ruin my perfect grades." I slammed my hand down, then stared out the window.

"Um, no. I came to school to learn, so I'm doing my part of the project."

Does this kid want to get beat? I glanced over at him and he looked like one of the newer kids. Must be the other new kid besides Evan.

"Fine, I'll just give you the note cards for you to read." He can't mess that up.

"I don't know about you, but I came to school to learn."

"You already stated that."

"I'm doing my part whether you like it or not."

I sighed and just continued to stare out the window.

"What will the first part be on?"

He is persistent and I hate it.

"Uhh, hello?"

I didn't respond.

"Do you even know what we have to do? Because you've been staring out that window all class."

I looked over at him and he seemed to have no fear in his eyes. "Who are you anyway."

"Jerry."

"And what's your ability?"

He sat there and stared.

"Or do you even have one?"

He shook his head.

"Don't talk to me like ever again then, unless you want something to happen." I slammed my hand down, stood up, and walked out of the classroom.

"A cripple? Dare thinks he can talk to me like that!?" I mumbled to myself as I just walked the halls aimlessly.

I decided to just head to my dorm and start working on the whole project.

I sat down at my table and started working. "That stupid cripple thinks he will do some work when he will just get in the way of my perfect grades..."

I suddenly heard the door open and seen Sara coming in.

"Hey Kami!"

"Hey.." I said and went back to my project.

"You doing both parts like usual?"

"Yep, though I think that stupid guy will ruin it."

"Isn't his name Jerry?"

"Yeah, he seems like a total ass."

"Shouldn't judge people so easily."

"You're right." I paused. "I thought Evan was a good guy, an easy t- I mean..."

"Kami.." she glared at me.

"Well, he turned out to be an ass."

"That's because you messed with him."

"So?"

"So, you could create potential enemies."

"They can't stand a chance against me anyway."

"Just be careful, please. I don't want anyone to get majorly hurt by you."

I rolled my eyes and went back to the project.

I continued for about two hours until I finally finished. "Finally." I sighed. "Time for sleep."

I headed to my room and just laid down and went to sleep.

I got up and headed out the class. I heard everyone heading out quietly, but I could still detect they were leaving. I acted like I didn't know.

I got to where my locker was, and there was a note taped to it.

"Come meet me at the roof." I read aloud.

I had this bad feeling in my stomach. I turned around and headed up, hearing hushed whispers as I got closer to the roof.

"Shh, I think she's coming."

"She can't take us all on at once, that's impossible."

There was laughter, it sounded malicious.

I walked up to the doors and opened them.

There stood the whole grade.

"Evan better hope he was right." I heard a very faint whisper, but only those surrounding that person could hear, besides me.

I saw everyone glaring at me, and then the sudden wave of anger rushed me. Evan planned this whole thing,  and Claire isn't here. She had to have been a part of this and fled knowing my power. That must be why she left this school year.

Everyone's abilities activated and they all started rushing at me.

I jerked awake and seen I was in my bed. "That was a dream?" I mumbled to myself. "It felt real.."

I got up and changed clothes and headed to school.