No more bitch watch

It had been quite a while since the incident, since she was ordered to stay in bed to heal properly, since she had been able to do anything without being watched. Surely, it may have only been a few weeks since, three or four, tops. But, it seemed like an eternity, having her father  insist that she achieved the, much needed, as he put it, rest she was prescribed. A prospect was stuck on her at all times, sometimes the different sons, when there was nothing to do, spent some time with her in the apartment she preferred to keep to herself. It quickly became somewhere that they would hang out when nothing better was to do. As for work, seeing as who her employer was, she got plenty of time off. 

Feeling as it was long overdue, Lilith was supposed to go back to work that next Monday. Sadly, it had only been Saturday, so, she had the entire weekend to dread. The stitches in her wounds had mended the torn skin, the material piecing her together slowly but surely had been resolving into her skin, making it less likely to tear again. Only clear medical tape covered the stitches now, and she was much more mobile at this point. To say she was relieved, would be an understatement. 

The boys, as she had taken to jokingly call them, had finally left her alone. She was unsure as to if it was purposely, or if there was a blip in their so called system. Yet, she was grateful. She tugged on her running gear, spandex shorts, a tank top and tying up her hair. Lilith wasn't stupid, she just liked testing her own limits. She started off slowly, determined to get back into her previous shape. Stretching her limbs slowly, but deliberately. Tying her running shoes onto her feet, she plugged in her headphones, and headed for the road. Her pace started slowly, of course, but it didn't seem enough, she sped up, still a light jog, it still didn't feel enough. Her speed increased, until she was sprinting down the sidewalks, a wide grin had spread onto her features as she turned corners as quickly as they approached her, that familiar, adored rush pumping through her veins. It felt great, to be back at doing something she adored. 

Though, she wasn't back to where she had left off, halting in front of one of the houses a few neighbourhoods over from where her apartment was, she placed her hands down onto her knees and panted, her chest rising and sinking heavily. Standing straight again, she wiped her glistening forehead, that same grin still prominent. 

"That surely doesn't look like you're getting back into things slowly, doll." A voice shocked her, she turned around in a defensive position only to realize it had been Gemma, and she was stopped in front of the Morrow household. 

"Oh, fuck." Lilith laughed breathlessly, shaking her head as she pulled her headphones out of her ears, shutting the music off and down. "Nah, I don't do slowly when its not forced. Why you think Bobby was so demanding on someone there to watch me." 

"Yeah, I see that too." She chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest. "Who was on watch this evening? Your dad will blow a top." she stated, giving her a once over, her body glistening in sweat, she looked tired, but her eyes and smile shone brighter than they had since. 

"No idea, no one showed." the petite brunette shrugged her dainty, yet colourful shoulders at the older woman. "why do you think I'm out? I was suffocating in that place."

"Well, come on in for now, you look exhausted." gemma ushered, surely, she was thinking the girl would collapse any moment. 

"I'm actually not." she reassured, but shrugged, she enjoyed Gemma's company, the woman was no doubt a little psycho, and with the shit she talked about, she knew more about the people act busy the teller-morrow lot daily than she had planned on, but she'd remember it. "But why the fuck not, i can't see the inside of my place for a bit more or I'll go crazy." 

"Understandable." Gemma chuckled, turning, she headed up to the front step and in the door, Lilith following her inside. The Morrow household had always been unique, and spacious. She'd been there a few times, enough to remember where everything was. Walking into the dining room that led to the kitchen, she spotted Clay at the head, which was normal and she smiled at him.

"Whats up, old man?" she asked, of course this was nothing but a joke, as she did often with him. He wasn't too big of a fan other humour, but he put up with it and rarely said anything about it, which was odd, to her. 

"Where the fuck did you go?" He asked, an unusually stern tone in his voice, well, it was unusual for her to be receiving it. 

"Running?" She more so asked than she stated, motioning to he attire. 

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to?" Her brows pulled together in a furrow, not understanding where this was coming from. 

"That's not taking it easy. Who was watching you?" he asked, stand from his seated position. 

That question was starting to get on her nerves, she wasn't a child. "I don't know, but I'm fine." she rolled her eyes, tossing her phone onto the table, tucking a strand of hair that escaped her pony tail behind her ear. 

Just when Clay was about to say something more, the front door slammed open which caused Lilith to turn around quickly, Happy, Bobby and Juice piling inside. Heavy footsteps headed for the kitchen, where she stood, already ready to argue with Clay for being as over bearing as he was being. 

"Where were you?!" both Bobby and Happy had said at the same exact time, taking a deep breath, Lilith was slowly but surely losing her temper with these men. Sure, they simply cared about her, which, admittedly she wasn't used to, so it annoyed her more than anything. She'd need to grow used to it. 

"Running." the annoyance hung heavily in her tone, setting her hands on her hips as she turned herself fully to be able to look at both of them as they spoke to her. 

"Who was supposed to be watching you?!" her father had started, but oddly enough, Happy's voice cut him off as he was louder than the older man. 

Taking a deep breath, she shut her eyes for a moment. "Do not fucking yell at me, baldy." she warned him, getting fed up with feeling like a caged animal. 

"I will do whatever the fuck I want, now. Who. Was. Watching. You?!" He asked, or yelled, was a better description. Raising his voice at her once again, and she scowled heavily. 

She fought everything inside her not to lift her hand and punch him directly in his stupid face. "I said do not raise your fucking voice at me!You will not!" She shouted, getting louder now, and much more aggravated. "It doesn't matter who was watching me! I'm fucking fine and i do not need to have some son on bitch watch constantly! I'm a grown ass woman and i do not need you lot to stand around and make me feel like some damn caged animal, alright?!" she snapped at Happy, shaking her head. "Never! Will you ever! Raise your voice at me again, got it?!" 

She didn't even wait for an answer from him, turning to her father with a pointed finger. "And you! Stop trying to baby me! Again, I'm a grown ass woman, it isn't my fault you didn't get to. I've dealt with injuries like this and much more without any resting and i don't need it now! I let you at first because maybe it felt better for you but its enough!! I've had it, jesus christ! I'm done being watched." she hollered, face turning red from all the frustrations laying heavy within her. 

And with that, she turned and headed for the door. Leaving those who just got screamed at with frustrated looks on their faces and Gemma stood there, looking guilty because she saw the change that was happening for the young girl, not being used to this life, being used to being alone and that's what she had adapted to. It was difficult, and she saw that shew as trying, but the guys, while they cared, they could be, and were, overwhelming her. Gemma shouldn't have called the lot. 

Lilith bolted out the door, leaving her phone on that table as she ran down whatever street or turn she pleased. She ran, she ran and she didn't allow herself to stop. Not even when she felt the weakening in her legs. Not until the urge of screaming stopped. She usually did this, she ran away when things got too difficult for her, she ran away when she needed to stop caring or when she got too close to someone. Getting close to anyone always hurt too much, so she dint allow for it to happen. She ran to shut off, and that's what she did.