Part 6

Payal knew something was wrong with her babuji the way he was quiet whole way going back home was not missed by her and khushi as well.

Babuji... she said when they reached home... Shashi turned back and gave a look to his angel, haan khushi bitiya... bolo ka baat hai.

Is anything wrong you look worried and you didn't even talk while coming home, is anything disturbing you.

Shashi kept his hand on her head and caressed it... nothing dear you may be tired go and sleep.

Ok she said not sure of his reply... she knew something was wrong.

When khushi left payal came and sat beside her father... hum jaante hain babuji aap. Arnavji ke wajah se pareshaan ho.

Hmmm he sighed... I don't know bitiya... that guy seems cultured and well mannered and somehow I have an intuition that he is not playing around... but how can I trust him its only 2, 3 days we have met him and he has already started going behind khushi not even knowing the truth.. will he understand and is he serious about her.. I don't know... I just want to protect my angel against any harm.

Namaste Shashiji... suddenly they heard a voice...

Arey Shuklaji aaiye aaiye... how come today so late.. is everything alright.. shashi asked.

Arey no.. no.. I was just passing by this way so thought of meeting you guys.

Iam sorry to say this... But I heard your conversation Shashiji and I was about to talk to you about this.

That means you knew Shukla.. Shashi asked getting little upset.

No Shashi don't take me wrong actually... I came to overhear Arnav's conversation with his friends.. it seems he likes khushi bitiya.. and somehow I have a feeling that he is serious about it.

See Babuji.. I knew it... I don't think he is a bad guy..said payal.

Wait payal.. lets not jump into conclusions... lets wait and watch for few days... first of all Arnav needs to know that khushi is a widow before he goes ahead with this... I don't want an another Heartbreak for that poor girl.. she already has too much in her life.

And what about his family... seems they are well known and will they be ready to accept a widow as their daughter in law... we don't consider her as a widow... but we cannot say the same about other people.. hence lets not discuss this its Arnav to find out about khushi and then decide whether he wants her in his life or not.

He was watching stars and trying to find something that will give him peace... this girl is making him crazy and he didn't know how he should calm his restless heart... suddenly he felt a dupatta covering his face and got up removing it slowly and what he saw next took his breath away... there she was standing in her white Anarkali looking like a goddess with a million dollar smile to die for on her face. He slowly moved towards her as if to catch her, to touch her.. to feel her and the moment she was trying to leave.. he held her wrist and pulled her back to him.