Part 10

The whole family was happy and khushi could see the smiles on their faces especially her Amma and Babuji, she had tears in her eyes, she quietly left the room and entered her own room to open her cupboard, slowly she pulled out one pic and smiled holding it, I did it right no? Tell me... when ever I used to be sad you use to call me to bring that smile on my face... I don't know what relationship we shared but... I am sure you were always there for me like a pillar, a strong support so that I don't feel lonely.

Today also I need that support from you Siddharth... I have taken this decision with lot of difficulty... I don't know what Arnav means to me.. but I know one thing that being with him makes me happy... makes our family happy and if everyone is happy cant I do this much for the family who has given me so much. Only thing is I am sad I will be leaving this house.. Amma... Babuji and Payal...but I don't know how to forget you...Will I be able to?

You don't have to khushi..., suddenly she heard Arnav behind her and was shocked to see him here in her room. I am sorry to come here like this without permission.. but I was worried when I saw you leaving everyone in the hall so thought of following you.

You were saying something... khushi said wiping her tears.

Khushi.. I know Siddharth was an important part of your life... he was the first man probably who taught you the meaning of friendship and love also we cant forget that you were married to him and hence I will never ask you to forget him nether will I try to take his place in your life as I know that place is special for you, but ya sure I want to make a special place in your life.. I know it will take time... but I am ready to wait... and I forgot to tell you... I also would love to be your friend.. he smiled with twinkling eyes.. which automatically brought a smile on her face.

Rest of the days passed by soon... the Raizadas were back in delhi and promised the Gupta's that they will be back soon with the shagun..

Arnav's daadi was not at all happy with the arrangements... but she knew she don't have a say as her son had already decided and declared his decision.

Late night Arnav came to his Daadi's room and sat by her leg... she felt someone sitting near her leg and got up to see who it was... she was shocked to see Arnav with an upset face.

What happened? Finally you got time to talk to your Daadi... after all you were so busy with your marriage preparations.

Daadi.. do you think I will be happy if you will not be a part of my happiness... yes its true that I cant think of a life without khushi.. but its equally true that I want my whole family to be present in my happiness.. am I asking too much... Cant you do this much for your chotey?

Daadi closed her eyes as it had already become moist with his words...

Chotey.. its not that I don't care about your happiness... but how can I accept her knowing that she is a... she left it at that as she knew he doesn't like her calling khushi a widow.

Daadi.. please for my happiness join us for the shagun and roka ceremony.. I will be too happy if you will come.. thats all I can say.. rest I wont force you... saying so he left the room.