Chapter 25

I hardly slept that night.  Klaus on the other hand, slept like a baby. The words kept running threw my mind.  The ones where he said that it wasn't right.  But he had asked to bare his child previously. I wondered if that was only to stall the fact that I wanted to change into a vampire along with him.

        I know it frightens him for that to happen. But he has to understand where I am coming from.  He had no choice in the matter of becoming what he is.  I do though.  I want it.  I want to be with him for all eternity.

      Just then Klaus started to move around a little and I knew that he was going to wake up.  I smiled softly at the sound of his small groans as the sun hits his face.

          "your up early." he says throwing an arm around me to hold and feel me. 

        "couldn't sleep. " I say.

         "what's wrong?" he ask now becoming more aware of what is happening. 

           "nothing. " I simply lie to him. He doesn't say anything but I'm pretty sure he knew that I was lying. 

         After we both are fully up and ready for whatever is going to happen today.  We make our way out to the living room space. I sprawl out on to the couch and Klaus grabs a canvas and starts to paint me. 

          "why are you painting me?" I ask curiously.

           "one of the last views of you as human, love. " he says turning to look at me a little with a small crooked smile. 

       I am in full on shock mode when he says that. So is this really going to happen? Is he really going to change me forever?

           "seriously?" I ask in almost disbelief.

          He turns around nods.  So that must mean yes.  I stand up for a moment and put my hands on my stomach.  Is this his way of trying to get rid of our child?  He sees me putting my hands over my stomach and walks over to me.  He cups my face in his hands. "I'm fixing it. " he says to me then let's go of my face and walks away. 

       All of a sudden I am filled with rage.  "No.  I won't let you do that. " I say angry with him for the first time ever.

         "what? " he ask in confusion.

        "I won't let you take my baby from me. Even if that means I have to loose you and my forever " I scream at him.

       He walks over to me and sees the tears welling up in my eyes.  He lifts my face up with two fingers on my chin and I let one of the tears fall down my cheek.  He calmly takes his thumb and wipes it away. 

        He kisses my forehead before resting his on mine.  I continue to let small tears fall slowly. "is this really what you want?" he ask me know a whisper.

       "more then anything. " I whisper back.

       "then we will make it work love. " he says as he places a soft light kiss on my lips and walks away from me.