Chapter 28

The next morning I was packing all the things I wanted to take with me.  I wouldn't be back here for months.  And when I do return I will be alone.  My child will stay wherever I am going to live.

      As I continue putting things in the box, I walk passed a mirror.  I stop as I see my reflection of my baby bump.  I rub my stomach slowly. I let out a small smile.  I'm so happy to have the opportunity to be a mother, the only thing is I won't be able to actually help with my child for a long time. 

      So many things started running around in my head.  I just wanted the baby to know me.  Well him.  Klaus and I haven't even been able to discuss names yet.  Something that I wanted so dearly to enjoy with him.

      Just then Klaus let a small knock on the wood frame of the door.  I look back and then continue on looking in the mirror rubbing my stomach slowly.

         "have you thought of any names?" I question seeing his face reflection in the mirror.  His face grew soft and caring.

      He swallows a little and then begins to speak.  "indeed and I came up with one.  " this grabs my attention so I turn around to look at him. 

      "Noah." he says.  I just look at him in surprise at a wonderful name he has chosen for his, well our,  son.  I gave him a big smile letting him know that I do love the name he has chosen. 

       "it means caring,  long lived. " he says walking closer to me with his hands behind his back. 

      "sounds perfect. " I say looking up into his eyes flirtatiously.

        "we must go now. " he says before walking out of the room.  He hasn't been talking to me much since he told me last night that I had to hide out while I was still pregnant.  It wasn't fair to either of us.  We both are hurting so much knowing that we won't see each other for months.  Even then,  he may not get to lay eyes on his son.  He may never get to see him,  I will have a short term time with him.  With Noah. 

        I adhered threw the last bit of what I was taking with me into the box.  I get angry with myself for even involving myself with a vampire.  I shouldn't have.  Now I'm having a kid by one. It's scary. I know now that I will never get out of this life. 

      We are now putting the boxes in the car. Klaus is driving me.  He insisted he made sure I got there with his own two eyes.  I surely hope that we can have a good conversation before I am put back on to the witness protection program that got us here in the first place. 

       As we get out on to the road, I just kept staring out the window taking glances at Klaus.  As much as he doesn't think I notice he is doing the same to me too. 

       I smile and see his hand on center council. So I just set my hand gently on top of his.  We both make eye connection and smile.

       Maybe this car ride won't be so bad after all.