Chapter Two

Rayne

There really was something about the smell of the sea. I never could put my finger on it but it always seemed to calm my stomach down nowadays. Perhaps this child really was born to be out on the sea. Rubbing my stomach again I leaned against the railing, a small smile on my face at the thought. In the following weeks since Oz had found out I was pregnant I was beginning to get in tune with the idea. 

I mean the baby wasn't going to go away after all so I needed to get used to this. Perhaps it wouldn't be too bad. The door creaked open, signaling someone was up on deck with me. I turned around and see Shachi standing there. He had a smile on his face, hands in his pockets. That look usually meant he was either extremely happy or up to something.

"Hey Shach, what's up?"

He stood beside me, looking my body up and down. "So.... you and Law...?" He trailed off.

A blush came to my face at what he's asking. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him or not but I didn't like lying to him, considering Law was going to tell the rest of the crew soon anyways. "Yeah. Strange isn't it?"

"No kidding! I mean I figured the two of you would get busy eventually but I didn't think it would be so soon-Oof!" I cut him off with an elbow to the ribs.

"Quiet you! The two of us didn't expect this to happen either." Shachi laughed as he picked me up and twirled me around, trying his hardest to make me dizzy. 

"I call dibs on being called uncle!"

"Shachi put me down before you make me puke on you!"

Shachi set me down immediately, "Please don't, this hat is really hard to get cleaned, especially if there's puke on it." He touched his hat protectively.

I adjusted my own hat, "Well then don't twirl a pregnant lady around like you're trying to kill her. By the way how did you find out I was pregnant?"

"Bepo." Shachi took a seat down on the deck. He patted the spot next to him. 

I sighed at the warmth seeping up into my skin, "I love this."

"What?" I looked back to see Penguin and the twins. They got to where Shachi and I were seated, joining us on the deck.

"The sunshine, the peacefulness, us being all together. You name it. It's not often that we can take a break and relax."

"Unfortunately the relaxation isn't going to last much longer. We're setting a course for the nearest island, Gyra. It's about a day or two from here." Law, Darwin, Jean Bart, and Tema joined everyone on deck.

I sighed and lay back, "That's not fair! I wish we could've just lazed around here a little longer!" 

"It doesn't matter, that's just how it is." Law said, "By the way, since everyone's here and needs to be here; Rayne's pregnant."

My mouth dropped open along with everyone else, eyes wide. Why the hell was he so blunt?! Then again this was Trafalgar Law we're talking about here, master of 'to the point'. Everyone turned to look at me. I felt a blush coming over my face, I hated it when they stared like that, backing up onto my feet I backed away slowly until my lower back hit the railing. No one said anything yet, oh boy...

"Wah!" Claire suddenly attached herself to my waist, rubbing her face left and right into my stomach, "You're preggers, noooooo!!!! This means you can't drink with us for nine whole months!"

"Claire get ahold of yourself! She didn't get pregnant today you dipshit! She wouldn't know until at least a good two to three weeks after!" Cyrus barked coming over to try and pry his sister off of me.