Chapter Eight

Rayne's Pov

"You're back! Sit down, sit down, you need to rest." Vein pulls up a chair in the galley and ushers me into it. 

"Here darlin'." Oz settles down yet another cup of Ginger mint tea. I'm getting to the point where I really don't want to drink this stuff. It's getting annoying. 

"Thank you Oz, I was just in the mood for this." I lie through my teeth. Honestly all I want to do is just go and lie down for a bit. Finishing up our talk with Sam actually knocked me on my ass. The things I know now, well, it's definitely given me a different outlook. 

"She's fine. If anything Rayne needs sleep." Law's hand on my shoulder feels warm and comforting. I finish the cup of tea and then he ushers me out of the galley and away from the rest of the crew. 

We enter into our room and I lay down on the bed. Law slips in beside me a few minutes later hatless and hoodie-less. I curl up into him, pressing my face into the crook of his neck. "Law?" I ask after a few minutes of us just lying there in silence.

"Hm?"

"Tell me something about you? Something I don't know."

He's quit for a moment and I'm worried that I've offended him or something. I mean I don't really know a lot about his past. "I had a sister."

I'm jolted, "You did? W-what happened?"

"The same sickness that took my mother... it took her too."

"That's horrible, I'm so sorry."

He hugs me closer, "It doesn't matter, it's done with."

"Still... how did you not catch it?" I mean if everyone else in his family had it then it would be assumed that he would've gotten it.

"Who said I didn't? I had it when I joined the Donquixote pirates. It was only when I ate my devilfruit that I was cured."

I sit up in shock at that statement. "Oh my god, Law! Are you okay? Are-are you-." He cuts me off with his lips covering my own. 

Law pins me down to the mattress and breaks our kiss. "I'm fine, do a physical yourself if you don't believe me, you know how." He's grinning now, suggesting 'other' methods of a physical. 

I roll my eyes but kiss him none the less, "You're such a male."

"I know."

Law's Pov

A mug of coffee in hand and a good medical journal should've spelled a good morning. 

Should have. 

"Mama look! Fuzzy!" That brat Kai had spent the better part of the morning trying to get Law's hat off of his head. The one that Rayne had painstakingly reanimated for him. Law really hated this kid. 

"Kai settle down and eat your breakfast." Sam says.

It was the last day the Whitebeard Pirates were staying and so Rayne, being the emotional pregnant lady she was, had asked if everyone could have a meal together. No one was about to deny her such a request. 

So, here Law was, sitting on the deck of the Moby Dick, eating breakfast with the Whitebeard Pirates and his own crew. Not to mention being annoyed by a little brat who was the spawn of the two most annoying people in the world. 

Well, second most annoying, Luffy still took that spot hands down. 

"Here Kai, sit next to me and eat." Rayne says, patting the spot on the other side of her. Law frowns at that, she shouldn't encourage that brat.