T E N

"See that wasn't so bad." Pulling the needle from Jade's arm Dr. Martinez quickly wrapped her arm before leaving her and Gotti alone. Sighing Jade looked over at Gotti who had already given his blood and was in the process of getting it tested. He looked so lost in thought. His usually cold and relaxed demeanor was gone. He looked worried almost broken and she hated that.

"Karson will be fine. I know she will." Jada spoke softly as she walked over to where Rico was sitting. Gently she brought her face closer to his. Leaning in she kissed him tenderly. His lips automatically covered hers.

Pulling away first Gotti nodded. "What was that for?"

"I just love you that's all." Feeling her eyes start to water Jade quickly blinked them away. "You've been so good to me." Taking a seat on his lap she kept speaking "I don't want you to ever think that I didn't love you because I always have. No matter what I always have."

Taking the time to really look at her Gotti frowned. He had been so caught up in worrying about Karson and all that extra stuff he had going on with Raven that he hadn't even been paying Jade any attention. Staring at her a little longer he noticed how red and puffy her eyes were. "How long you been here? It looks like you been crying for hours."

"I.... For awhile." Wrapping her arms around his neck she quickly laid her head on his shoulder unable to make eye contact with him. Letting out silent tears Jade held onto him tighter.

A few minutes went by as neither of them spoke. Gotti just let Jade cry as she held onto him like her life depended on it. Jade was filled with so much confusion. She wanted to tell him everything to spare him the embarrassment but she just couldn't bring herself to say the words.

Pulling away Gotti looked at her then frowned. He knew that their daughter was sick but Jade was crying like the doctor had told them that Karson was dying. He had never known Jade to be this emotional.

Grabbing ahold of her face Gotti looked into her eyes. All he could see was fear. "Baby you don't have to be scared. We gave blood, it's clean. I don't see where any problems could come in at. This the best hospital in the A. Just have faith. God got us."

Seeing how sweet and caring Gotti was being made Jade feel even worse. More tears fell from her eyes as she stood up. She knew he was right. Moving away from him Jade tried to put some space between them. Pulling out her phone she shot Rico a quick text telling him he needed to get to the hospital right now.

"Look, I don't know how to say this." Hearing her voice crack Jade paused. "I love you so much. I always have. It's just sometimes people make mistakes. Ya know mistakes that aren't easily fixed."

Looking at her sideways Gotti stood up also. "You talking in circles now. Is this because Karson was born premature? Baby that wasn't your fault or a mistake." He was truly confused but assumed she was talking about her pregnancy. Gotti knew that Jade blamed herself for Karson's early birth but he never understood why. That was something that she couldn't control."

Looking down at her phone Rico had text her back saying he was in the waiting room with Raven. She told him where she was and then put her attention back on Gotti. She knew that it was now or never. Hanging her head in shame Jade spoke softly. "She's not yours."